Do you have tendency of MOTION SICKNESS ??

@uditpanda (1023)
I never did a long distance travel before in my life until last month when I had a chance to tour my country. During the tour I had to go through long journey in buses & vans for visiting different sites. There I discovered I have the tendency to vomit during the journey With accompanying vertigo which I later came to know is said as motion sickness. I had a tough time during that period. Do any of you have such a tendency? Can you suggest any means or methods to avoid such a tendency?
@rjbass (1424)
I get really bad motion sickness primarily on biats but sometimes in a car if I'm in the back seat. Airplanes are ok for me but over the past few years it seems to be getting worse. I take Bonine over Dramimine because it doesnLt make me drowsy.
@uditpanda (1023)
thanx for the reply....do u think medicines are essential to stop the symptoms?
@rjbass (1424)
For me, the medication seems to be the only thing that works. If I could find a natural remedy, I would surely use it. Does anyone know of any?
@gjabaigar (2200)
try drinking cold water.... or put candy is your mouth or something sweet.... ice cold or cold water to cool off those nerves and stop building acids in your tummy.... the candy its just as placebo so you feel cool....
@maximax8 (30126)
I think the ginger biscuits before a trip help avoid motion sickness. I know that sea bands work on pressure points on the wrist to help avoid sea sickness. Eating a light meal before a trip can help because I would be more likely feel travel sick if I hadn't eaten. I never feel motion sick on a train but can do on a coach or a bus. If the waves are rough I can get sea sick on a ferry. I suggest short trips rather than long journeys. Good luck.
@rjbass (1424)
I've heard that the sea-bands work wonders for some people. I've tried them once and they didn't work but I may not have had them directly on the pressure point.
@dpk262006 (56760)
I think there are few medicines for motion sickness, one I know is - 'Avomine', which is required to be taken half an hour before the start of journey (you can check up your family Doctor). I also suffer motion sickness, specially, while travelling in hilly areas, therefore, I take this medicine, before half an hour of the start of the journey and it remains effective from 4-5 hours and makes me feel comfortable. Besides, when you start travelling, please do not consume heavey, greasy or oily food or the food which takes time to digest. You have can some light food and can keep cardamom and clove in the side of your mouth to nausea feelings. If you are unable to get cardmom or clove pieces, then you can keeap a good quality toffee in your mouth.
@missybear (11393)
i used to get car sick when i was a kid but i don't get any sickness anymore.