Don't do that...
December 18, 2008 10:25am CST
I am watching TV right now and on the show that I am watching they are going over safety tips for the holidays, for pets and children. I thought this was very important to pass along, so here's a few on the list.... Poinsettias are poisonous to children and pets. Chocolate is toxic to cats and dogs, it actually can give a dog a heart attack (I was told this by a veterinarian) Tinsel can choke an infant or animal. Pine needles can choke an infant or animal. You should tape down electrical cords to avoid infants and animals from chewing on them, avoiding electricution. You should secure your Christmas tree so that pets and children can not knock it over on top of themselves or others. This can also avoid broken glass ornaments and prevent children and pets from getting cut by the glass. NEVER put aspirin into the wter of any plant especially in the Christmas tree water, Your pets could drink the water and die. Always use a screen on your fire place. That's all I can remember right now. Do you know of any safety tips to pass along to us to help save our children and pets from getting injured or possibly even dying?
• United States
18 Dec 08
I was looking at this to on the View this morning, I think it is some good tips for all pet owners, I don't have any pets. I also think they could apply to small children too. I can't think of any good tips to pass alone right now maybe I can think of some later.