Using Brass or Copper Cookware and its Relation to the Poisonous Verdigris
December 18, 2008 3:53pm CST
I have read on the net that copper and brass cookware can develop a poisonous substance called Verdigris. Since most brass and copper cookware are tin-lined there's no problem but if you find your set having a somewhat green color, do not attempt to use it. You should get it re-tinned or buy a new one. Once this scrapes off or melts into your food, it is fatal.... With this on mind, would you still use brass and copper cookware sets or would you just buy teflon or stainless steel ones?