Life is more important than love

Nowadays, we can see so many people who fall in love and then grow depressed because of a love failure. There are also those who turn to alcohol. These invest so much time and energy for a love affair- they could have invested that time and energy for the betterment and developemnt of their own life. To me, life is more important than love.
I think love is life. I think life without love is meaningless. Even failed love adds to the betterment and development of one's life. What exactly do you think people should be focusing more energy on?
@Apollyon (91)
well for me, love is more important than life. life would be meaningless if you have not loved. from don juan de marco... what is worth living for and what is worth dying for? and the only answer to this is LOVE.
In my opinion, love is as important as life. And love can increase much more happiness for our life, without love, our life is not complete. Though sometimes we may have failed love, but we really realized that what is love! Everything has its two reverse aspects. So that we should accept that with ordinary mind.
But you really can't have one without the other... I have seen people who tried to live without love and it made them cold and bitter.. hardly a life! Everything in life has a certain amount of risk involved.. we have no guarantees (even in love) but it really is better to love and lose them.. than to never have it all. the most awesome feeling in the world is being loved..... but better yet.. is to love.
@sanuanu (11235)
Did you get hit by love? I mean everyone gets a hit from love. Its bitter and sweet. We can't live without love but with time we learn to live without it, which should not be happening. true, life is important than love but if there is no love in your life then what would you be ???