What's the best diet for you?

So far, I have tried losing weight with these diets such as south beach and atkins and I end up always gaining more than I weighed before. What diets have worked for you recently? how much did you lose? how long did it take?
@patgalca (16662)
• Orangeville, Ontario
The best diet is really not a diet but a lifestyle change. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia and had to change my eating lifestyle. Exercise plays a part sometimes but lately I've just been too busy. But when I stick with my hypoglycemic diet I lose weight. That is, eating 6 small meals/snacks a day consisting of fresh fruit, low fat yogurt, oatmeal, whole wheat bread, and try to eat as little sweets as possible. I have fibromyalgia with IBS as well so I have other limitations as well. I can't eat salads and certain vegetables. We have raw vegetables (cucumber, tomatoes, carrots and green peppers) with our dinners. I am not good with staying off the sweets but this eating plan has helped me lose weight when my exercise thing just wasn't happening.
I guess you're right... I need a lifestyle change... I'm sorry that you have so limitations s per your food intake but I am also happy that ou are well and alive... more power!
I was struggling with losing weight as well. I wasn't trying any specific diets, just eating well and exercise. I asked my doctor about it and she told me to cut out carbs completely from my diet. So I did. I ended up losing 12 pounds in 2 months. I went back to school and fell off the wagon but I tried my best to stay away from the carbs and I came back after the few months and haven't gained any of the lost weight back. Good luck but don't let it rule your life. Just be happy.
Well I'm glad that you didn't fell completely off the wagon and that you too seem happy. I will stay happy... Thank you