Shaddowy eyes ? Do you see things that are not really there ?

@Sissygrl (10914)
I was talking with my mom the other day and she has teh same t hing happen to her. I always see things like a shaddow or a bug fluttering by out of the corner of my eyes but when i look, there is nothing there. . I have gotten used to it now, but i have no idea why it happens. She says hers are almost always there, but mine come and go. . anyone else have this happen to them ? Do you know why it happens ?
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
Yes like a little bug. I do get that and when I had my eyes checked I was told it's called floaters. It isn't serious but it is and can be annoying. I'm not bad because I don't get it often and when I do it just passes quickly. The eye specialist told me it happens most to people who are far or near sighted. I put it down to I'm just getting older and preparing for the bone pile. hehehe.
@Sissygrl (10914)
well at least its painless. . lol i am nearsighted i think.. that means i can see close up but not fair away right ?
Yes that's right, I am just the opposite.
@Trace86 (5033)
I had asked a doctor at work about this when one of the patients complained of seeing things that weren't there when he looked again. The doctor said that as we age, we get debris in our vitreous fluid and that causes the floaters that people see. I don't think he said there was a way to remedy it though.
@Sissygrl (10914)
I see.. well that about explains it.. does it hurt us to have it there other then thinking there is bugs flying around when there are not ?
@Trace86 (5033)
I don't think other than driving you crazy, they can do any harm.
@jillhill (37379)
On a rare ocassion I do...and I don't know what causes it....also have once in a while my eyes seem to shake or something....one eye mostly....I'll have to check back and see what you come up with.
@Sissygrl (10914)
If I go a long long time without getting enough sleep, my eye starts to twitch lol it drives me RIGTH up the wall. You should go get the eye shaking thing checked out. sounds like that would be annoying as well.
@AnakSuNamun (2084)
Well,you either have supernatural powers or you might have to go to a doctor and check your peripheral vision Does happen to me from time to time but it usually goes away if I blink
@Sissygrl (10914)
Mine go away relatively fast too, but my mom says hers stay longer now than they used to.
@chrislotz (8200)
I see little hairs before my eyes, is that what you mean? I have asked my eye doctor about it several times and he says it is nothing to worry about. Lots of people have this and it is nothing serious and there is nothing they can do about it either. It looks like little hairs floating. Sometimes it doesn't bother me but at other times it does. I try to just ignore it but sometimes it is too hard to ignore and it drives me crazy. When I get these now, I use some eye drops and it helps to get rid of them. I think it might have something to do with them being dry but the eye doctor hasn't confirmed that, it is just my opinion. Alrighty then, talk to you later my friend, Have a good mylotting day, Chris