I find it interesting that . . . (Biggest Loser Discussion)

@Aurone (4757)
when asked for reasons for losing weight on Biggest Loser the people on the show always have these great reasons, for my kids, for my partner, etc., They never say for themselves. It seems to be the only reality show where you can't be selfish and be in it for the money or just for yourself. Does anyone else find that odd? If you are dieting, or changing your lifestyle, why are you losing weight? I have lost 20 pounds and I have been losing weight because my soon to be ex-husband (he left me) told me ever day for a year that I was fat and that he was no longer attracted to me. Now I want to lose weight, and be healthy and be attractive. I want to be able to do the things my friends do and I want my body not to hurt anymore. Now that I have time for myself, I want to take care of myself. So tell me, what motivates you to lose weight?
@spoiled311 (5502)
hi aurone! but you know, i think the most effective plan is doing something for yourself. although it is good to do something for someone, the best motivation would be self preservation. anyway, i am pregnant now and i have promised myself to lose the baby weight fast. then maybe i can get pregnant again. lol good day and God bless you! :-)
@Aurone (4757)
Good luck to you. May you have a healthy baby.
@Seppy1984 (2145)
Hello,I am losing weight for myself. For many reasons too. One of them is because I want to be around for my children. Another reason is because I hate the fact that there is so much more stuff that my friends can do that I can't. My goal is to try to get back to my high school weight if it is possible. I was 135 back then but after having four children I have gained so much weight. I hate the fact that when I go to amusement parks I can't ride half of the rides because my stomach is in the way. Plus I want to get back into my dress that I bought that I was only able to wear long enough for a couple weddings. When I get back into that dress I plan on taking my hubby out for celebration. I so can't wait because this is the year that I am going to make myself happy and put myself first for the very first time. I am the the type of mother,wife,daughter,sister,and aunt that always thinks of others first. I always put my family first. Now it is time for me to have this myself first moment. But that is why I am losing weight. Well I wish you good luck on your weight goal. Happy Mylotting
@Aurone (4757)
I hear ya on the amusement park thing, that is so embarrassing and has happened to me many a time. Good luck with your goal and hopefully you will be in that dress soon.
@Seppy1984 (2145)
Thanks I hope I will be in the dress soon too. I will update everyone on my success when I get to the goal. I just hope it won't take long. Happy Mylotting
@Aurone (4757)
yes, keep us updated. I have lost one dress size and have a few more to go before I am happy with how I look. I will update as well.
I'm trying to shed the pounds for me. My husband is really supportive and he would never been mean or look elsewhere, but I would like him to be proud of me for being a slim-wife instead of a not-so-slim one. I'm also not prepared to buy myself a load more clothes when I already have a wardrobe full of perfectly good clothes, they are just a bit on the snug side. I find it difficult to get motivated sometimes, and exercising is my biggest failing when dieting. But reading about the success of others spurs me on, so I am glad to hear that you are getting healthy for you. All the best.
@Aurone (4757)
Good for you. There are lots of good websites that help with things like exercise and watching what you eat. I am using weightwatchers right now and that has helped me. Partially because I have to be responsible for weighing in every week and partially because you can get so many helpful hints and makes friends in the meetings. My sister has been on Weight Watchers for a year and has lost over 50 pounds. One helpful hint about exercising is to schedule it in and treat it like a meeting or something that way you always do it. And exercise can be anything from walking, swimming to going to the gym. I personally use exercise videos. I bought a lot of new ones at the beginning of the year because people run them on sale right now.
Good idea about scheduling exercise like meetings, might give that a go. I do have one or two exercise videos, so perhaps I should pick up a couple more for some variety. Thanks very much for the encouragement.
@reinydawn (11649)
I have only seen a couple episodes of The Biggest Loser (I don't watch much tv or I'd probably always watch this one) but I find that it is the BEST reality show out there. I really like the format and how they treat everyone. But, in answer to your question, I'm losing 50 pounds mostly because of my health. My knees hurt when I'm this heavy, my back hurts more, I'm out of breath more than I want to be, and I seem to be more tired. I'm selfish, I'm doing it for me.
@Aurone (4757)
Good for you. I am glad you are doing it for yourself. And I totally sympathize with the whole knees, back and out of breath thing. I experience all those things I am have many, many more pounds to lose. Good luck on your weightloss.
@reinydawn (11649)
Thanks!!! Next week I start on the intermediate weight loss i-fit program for my eliptical. I'm thinking that that one will work better for me than the beginner one did.
I watched the biggest loser and they have some very very large people this time around dont they? and then they sent half the team home? IT was very different from how they usually do it. Okay..on to the weight loss thing. The experts (who ever they are LOL) say you should do it for yourself or it wont stick. I think that is why some of the people from that show gain the weight back. The guy from I think it was season one..gained all his weight back but he won the money. He wasnt in it for the right reasons. I would like to see the revisit some of the contestants to see how they are doing now. Sounds like your better off without your exhusband...I used to joke I lost 215lbs when my husband left because that was what he weighed! I have been doing the dieting thing myself...exercise is the easy part controlling what I put in my yap is not lol! I have the hardest time not eating after 7. Good luck!
@uicbear (1902)
I started a disscusion on the current biggest loser season. I don't think I like how they sent almost half the contestants home on the first elimination. I understand it as a twist, but I don't know how fair it is. I also wonder how it's going to affect the elimination for next week.
@Aurone (4757)
You know I have said the same thing about my husband--that I have already lost 200 pounds. lol. And I don't really like what biggest loser did. Isn't the point to help those people? How can you help them in a week? Why send so many home the first week? It just doesn't make sense to me.
I think doing it for your kids is for yourself... YOU want to be there a long time to be able to take care of your kids!!!! I am losing my weight for my kids and my husband. I want to get my figure back that I had 17 years ago !!!
@Aurone (4757)
Good for you. I hope you are successful.
@TessWhite (3147)
I'm sorry that your ex told you this. Mine did the same thing, and is also my ex. The funny part of that story is the woman he chose as his new partner 10 years ago is now heavier than me! LOL I also watched the Biggest Loser. Its one of my favorite programs. I'm also working to lose some weight and get in better shape. And I'm doing it for myself. I have health issues and I'm worried that they will keep getting worse if I don't take care of myself. Congrats on your weight loss so far, and good luck with it in the future.
@Aurone (4757)
Thanks, you too.
@zhuhuifen46 (3485)
You are right. We lose weight firstly for ourselves. Overweight is one of the upfront causes for high blood pressure. A doctor told me just by avoiding meat will not necessarily lead to weight losing. I will continue my walking and exercises to lose more weight. What is more, a good appearance is pleasing to others and enhance my self confidence.
@Aurone (4757)
Yes, avoiding meat is not a good way to lose weight. You do need some of the proteins (amino acids) found in meat for your body to be healthy. Calorie counting works well but be sure to eat enough calories or your body thinks you are starving. Walking and exercise are good. And you are right when we look good, we feel good and we feel good about ourselves. Good Luck.
@palonghorn (5485)
five years ago i lost 150 lbs, that's a whole person,lol. i did it for me, not for my kids, not for my ex, not because i thought it would fix every thing in my life, but for me. those people on biggest loser are doing it for the money, it's a game. i have watched it, not very often though. i have a real problem with the trainers on that show. those are obese people for the most part, they have not been exercising, and they surely have not been counting calories. and the trainers having them jump right in and start doing training as if they exercised everyday, exercises that could be very damaging to their joints, muscles, etc.
@Aurone (4757)
Good for you! I have wondered about that, those people are losing an awful lot of weight, that cannot be good for their bodies but it may be better than the weight they are carrying. This season one 19 year old kid started out with a weight of 454. That is a lot of weight. But I agree, I do thing they over exercise them. I mean I know how I hurt when I over do it and I have been exercising for several months. I can't imagine how those people feel after a day with Jillian or Bob.
Hello Aurone, I also watched the biggest loser last night...this is not something that i regularly watch, but like many people my new years resolution was to lose some weight. I am 155 pounds but I am tall so I don't look heavy....but I feel heavy. My clothes don't fit as well as they should. My husband jokes with me that am getting chuncky, but he never makes me feel bad about myself and he is still very attracted to me....I think your ex husband was a jerk....i think he had a problem not you, if he loved YOU it wouldn't matter how much weight you had put on....my husband has stuck with me and I have put on 50 pounds since meeting him, I've had 2 children so that of course adds on the pound. Anyways the reason I would like to lose weight is for myself and no one else. I want to get those second glances when I walk by again. Plus I want to get my Belly button pierce. That is my goal for this summer. I have already lost 5 pounds and my energy levels are up so I am keeping motivated...but I will tell you it is hard!!!! Good luck and don't lose weight except for yourself happy new year
@Aurone (4757)
Thanks. Good luck to you too. I am going to continue to watch the biggest loser as I hope it will help motivate me.