Are you Overpaid/Underpaid for your job ??

@uditpanda (1023)
For all those who are having a job...please be trythful while you answer. Do you think you are over paid/ underpaid for the skills that u employ & effort you put in your job. Or U are in the idea that you are suitably paid for the nature of work you perform ?? Please share your views...
@ronnyb (6117)
• Jamaica
I think I am underpaid and I am basing this comment on one the level of work that I put in and what they pay persons in comparable posts in the private sector.The fact of the matter is I work in government and that means as is usually the case that I am over worked and underpaid.The governement has tried to bring it with in 80 % of the private sector standard but this still mean that we are under the bar and for the level of technicality required ,I think we should be more suiatbly compensated
@uditpanda (1023)
I definitely agree with you. What private sector job pays to technical people is much more as compared to a job in government sector. The nature of work & the responsibility commanded are similar but the money the private people pay is higher. The only good thing about the government job is security of the job. That is why more & more people are getting interested for private jobs rather than jobs in government set up.
Where I work we answer phones for doctors offices after hours. Very simple job. How ever when you work with people that are incompetent it makes for a miserable job. We have what we call a check out and it last for about 3 hours that is when all the offices close and transfer there phone lines to us. During that time we are to take the lines tell them to have a good night and get off the phone. How ever 3 out of the 5 nights I work my coworkers do not do that. So it falls to me taking all the calls that come in. We all get paid the same and its really maddening when your doing all the work and they are getting paid the same as me. So needless to say I feel that I am way underpaid and could really use a raise. I have asked the owner of the company for a raise but she is unable at this time to give me one she says due to the mistakes that are being made. Well 99% of the mistakes are made by the incompetent staff. Makes me mad when I think about it.
@uditpanda (1023)
ya,its always unbearable to see ineligible people are getting paid better or getting more attention than yourself even when you are better at work.But i would say we should keep up our good work,as it gets noticed sooner or later. Good luck & wishes for u to have a pay rise soon. thank you for responding to the discussion.
I feel like I'm extremely underpaid. I work in an office at school and I get paid minimum wage, and I do work that other people should be doing. They hired me because they needed someone to do filing and to type for them. However, I've had to watch the desk while the secretary took a 3 hour lunch break. I've had to get people's lunches from their cars, clean out closets, and pick up packages, which is what the maintenance workers are supposed to do while they sit around and smoke. So yes, I feel as if I don't get paid enough, but a paycheck is a paycheck.