What is this world coming to? I mean what are we thinking?

I knew I didn't want Obama president, but he cant even get past his inauguration before he starts cursing our land. We should all hit our knees and start praying for him that we can make it 4 years. He is going to have an open gay minister/preacher whatever you would like to call him do the prayer at the inauguration. Give me a break! You can not be gay and be a minister/preacher and to stand in front of our country and bless the president is just insane. How do you feel about it?
I will agree with you that Obama as President is going to be a difficult thing for our country. His thoughts, views and plans do not bode well for us. I hadn't heard about this, but will be reading up on it. If this is the case, he is openly looking for the continued support of our population that is gay or believes in gay rights. It is a smart move on his part, as gay rights have been called into question so much in the recent past. In my humble opinion, it doesn't matter that the minister is gay. If his devotion to God is true, his blessing will be as well.
I don't agree with that at all. Choosing to be gay is abomination to God. He is not going to bless anything when the minister can not serve God properly.
I was trying to tell people BEFORE the election that Obama was the last thing this country needed. I openly spoke out against him to anyone who would listen. If you don't believe me, just check out the history of my posts here on mylot. I just hope that he doesn't screw up our country too much in his term as president, and I hope he is voted out of office and doesn't get a chance at a second term to screw up. Voter ignorance got him elected. Obama was elected mostly by the black community, most of whom voted for him simply because he is black. Most of them had no clue where he stood on issues. They only saw a chance to have a black president, and they jumped on the proverbial bandwagon. I even heard some radio interviews that took place in Harlem, NY, where people stated that they were OK with the fact that Obama was PRO-LIFE, and they liked the fact that SARAH PALIN was his running mate in the elections. These idiots had NO clue who or what they were voting for, other than the fact that Obama is black, and now our country is going to suffer for it. I am definitely not a George Bush fan, and I admit that the last few presidents have done some things that screwed our country royally, but when Obama turns out to be the worst president this country has ever had, remember ONE thing....don't blame me...I voted for McCain....
@anniepa (27521)
I couldn't keep myself from replying to two different comments made here. One, being gay is NOT a "choice"! And two, it wasn't the black people who put Obama into office, They only make up approximately 12% of the population so how could that possibly be? Like it or not, Obama won in almost every demographic group. Annie
@Arkie69 (2156)
I hadn't heard the minister was gay. If that is the case I guess it makes as much sense as a lot of other crap that happens in Washington. I will say this though I doubt if God will be listening to that one.In my opinion you can be gay and you can be a minister but you can't be a gay minister. I don't think any such critter exists. Art
LOL! I think we could definitely be friends. Your response is great. I love the word "critter" to describe such a person. That is cute. Happy Mylotting!
@Arkie69 (2156)
I think we are about to go into one of the worst times this world has ever seen. In the past several years a lot of people have done everything they could to push God out of everything. God has a way of slapping stupid people up beside the head for things like that. Gos designed this whole thing to work a certain way and if you try to operate outside His design you are asking for serious trouble. No only do they bring trouble down on themselves but every one around them. If we are not real lucky we are all just about to pay for some greedy jerks mistakes. The people that have brought all this down on us need to be in jail for a long time. I honestly believe George Bush and a bunch of his buddies were right in the middle of it. Art
@anniepa (27521)
"You can not be gay and be a minister/preacher"? WHY NOT? What is this world coming to, indeed! I thought this world had come further than what this post implies, I'm sorry to say. "Cursing our land"? Annie
Cursing as in God will take his hand off us. The Bible is very clear that the nation will be punished for abortion and cities will be destroyed by homosexuals. Ever wonder why we get a hurricane in new orleans every year now at the same time the gay parade is?
This is the first I have heard of it. I don't follow up on what he is doing. I plan on just trying to live the best I can for the next four years.
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
i guess he has a right to have whoever he wants whether we agree or not.
It is always a good idea for us to pray for those in leadership. We must pray that God will touch their hearts and minds so that his will can be done. Even so, we are all earthen vessels that are prone to folly and bad decisions. ihope that he too prayed over this decision before he made it and did not take it up under his own advisement. All christians know tha twe can get ourselves into a world of trouble when we lean unto our own understanding. Let us all hope that the changes he plans to bring are positive ones....we have had too much of the same going on in Washington, so it is my sincer hope that he really will be the candidate for not just change.....but change for the better.
@luvandpower (2049)
Even though I do agree with you on all your points, don't you agree that God can use anyone he so desires, if he chooses a gay person to be a minister let him, he controls us not the other way around.