are you allergic to shrimp?
January 16, 2009 12:38am CST
hi all! shrimp is one of the commonly-eaten seafood by people around the world. different cultures have different and unique ways of preparing shrimp for eating. some fry the shrimp. some eat it raw. some bake it. some roast it. for most of us, shrimp adds variety to the range of food that we eat. unfortunately, there are some people who are allergic to certain foods. in this discussion, let's talk about allergy to shrimp. although i am fortunate that i am not allergic to shrimp, i've had two colleagues at work who were allergic to shrimp. one of them, a young lady subordinate of mine, is a bit strongly allergic to shrimp. but she's still hard-headed and occasionally eats shrimp on purpose (or sometimes, accidentally), and we see her with lots of rashes and wheezing. i warned her not to do that stunt again, but she said that she just needs antihistamines. i kinda scolded her that she should not take risks, coz she might encounter an anaphylactic shock (hopefully i got the spelling right) and she might die from it. thankfully she listened tome. in your case, are you allergic to shrimp? do you still wish to eat shrimp? and if you accidentally ate one, how do you deal with the allergic reaction? thanks and happy mylotting!
1 person likes this
12 May 09
aww!! Unfortunately yes, I am allergic to shrimps.. :(.. How sad.. :(.. but its ok, i don't like shrimps dat much.. but I don't know.. everybody in my family loves shrimp so much.. and seafood, oww Thank God i ain't allergic to all seafood just shrimps.. If I eat Shripm.. red bumps will start to grow in my gums.. aww!! But well I eat shrimp flavored snacks and I love Shrimp paste..i dunno why i don't get red bumps by eating those.. is that odd?.. lol.. well.. still i can't eat shrimp. ^__^
9 Feb 09
Before, I was not allergic to shrimp. Somehow I became allergic after I gave birth to my son(maybe I pass the immunity of it to my son). Since I love the taste of shrimp, I just prepare an antihistamine on my pocket. I got allergic reaction from eating but once I take antihistamine, a few hours it would be gone. Happy mylotting to you too!