Well its finally over

Obama has been sworn in, the parade is over...all that is left is the balls. Are you finally glad it is all over? Of course we will have to listen to the news rehash it for next week. But it will be nice to things settle down and go back to normal. What do you think?
@Arkie69 (2156)
They said today on the news that 84% of the 2 million people that came into Washington for today were black.
What does that to do with things settling back down to normal?
@Arkie69 (2156)
That's just it. Things are not going to settle back down to normal for a long time yet.
you think? I hope you are wrong. People will settle down and go back to their lives soon I hope.
@lampar (7591)
I am glad it is finally over , hope he is ready to start solving many problems facing the nation. For the news media, it is obvious they are going to rehearse every thing and treat him like a rock star for viewerships due to his popularity.
until the media turns on him like a pit harpy. THey love to build people up just so they can tear them back down again.
@lampar (7591)
You got that quite right. Welcome to the culture of media corporation in America, building it up and then relentlessly tear it apart for more sales.
@murderistic (2279)
To be quite honest with you I've been more concerned with the news about the rest of the world (Gaza especially) than I have been about the news here. New president... some people love him, some people can't stand him, same old BS. So in that sense I'm glad it's over, but that doesn't mean that CNN and FOX are going to start focusing on the things that matter, does it?
Nope the news will ride this into the ground. It is not just Obama I am sick of hearing about just the election in general. The news media has been eating sleeping and breathing the election for two years now. This was a super long election season. THey started way too early this time, a lot sooner than they usually do. It takes a toll. I am ready to get it over with and move on to the running of this country and other new worthy events that have been ignored because of the election.
@Arkie69 (2156)
I wish it was all over but I am afraid it has just begun. Now everything is going to fall apart big time. Art
I would not sya that. We will have to wait and see. But I will be glad when the hype is over.
@jonesy123 (3950)
I'm glad it's over and I really would love to see something else in the news... but I doubt it'll happen. Now that the inauguration is over, it will be rehashed just long enough to get all hyped up about the State of the Union address which should be coming soon. After that there'll hopefully be a break and people will get back to real business;)
I agree. I hope we are not looking at this kind of hype for the next four years. He is the president....not a rock star.
@spalladino (17922)
I'm glad it's over but I have a friend who decided at the last minute to go down there and, as far as I know, he's still trying to get onto a Metro train back out of town. He's a lot more patient than I am. You couldn't pay me enough to go into that city today.
I agree. I would not want to deal with those crowds.