what would you want to do after retirement?

Malaysia
have you ever thought of it?.. i had, but couldn't come out with a good idea.. lol one of my friend retired last month and he is planning to buy a house somewhere in a remote place and live a peaceful life. have you thought of it? is anyone of here retired? what is your plan?
Retirement is a loooooong way off for me yet. But I have thought about what I would like to do. I would like to have my own hobby farm and be mostly self sufficient for food from it. I would also like to have a cat rescue centre, where all the cats that are due to be put down can come and spend their lives somewhere they are going to be happy. I would also write like there was no tomorrow. Book after book might be good, or collections of short stories or poetry. Yes, the country life sounds nice. A place where the wildlife can come, a place to write, self sufficient for food and a sanctuary for cats (in special cat habitats of course.). I wish the next 30 or so years would hurry up now! lol.
Nice thoughts newzealtralian! thanks for sharing
@moondancer (7433)
I would like to do a little more traveling to placesI'd liketo go and back to some places that I've been and loved. I'd also like to do things with my home, make changes and add on to it. Have more flowers and a graden.
cool... good ideas.. thanks for sharing
@masata (408)
I hope to stay in my home village. It is very peaceful to live there. Not much stress and live is so steady. Doing planting, farming, etc and live with the loved ones. That would be a perfect dream.
I havent really thought about it, I guess I use to think of it more when i worked in the workfield, but now that I am a full time mom at home it doesnt even cross my mind... although I guess it should, it is an important thing to save for, but we live paycheck to paycheck... so I never think really past the current month....LOL Plus i am 37, so i have a few years to think about it... LOL
@ds6413 (2074)
Hi, if I had the money I would want to travel and build a house somewhere i want to be located close to family
@proudnana (192)
hi there, I am not retired yet, and have no definite plans to retire in the near future. I don't think I would buy a house and move elsewhere. I'm happy where I live right now. My family lives close by and I couldn't see me packing up and moving away from them. Retiring gives you a chance to sit down and relax and spend more time doing the things you never had the chance to do while you were working. I think i would probably devote more time to hobbies that i have taken up to keep me occupied. Perhaps do a little traveling. But who knows what the future may hold, I may have different feelings when I reach that point in my life, that's just the way i feel right now. ~proudnana~
@fwidman (11515)
I retired about five years ago, and I do whatever I want to do, which most days means just sitting at the computer doing very little