What do you do if your spouse buy you a pair of shoes you don't like?

Guangzhou, China
Few days ago to my surprise, my husband bought me a pair of shoes. Unfortunately I don't like it. I have to say that everybody's taste is quite different. I plan to wear it in the weekends. As I don't think my colleagues and friends will not see it And my husband can be happy since it seems I like the shoes he gave me
@zhuhuifen46 (3485)
You are a very considerate lady. Your husband will definitely feel good to see shoes you buy worn on weekends. My daughter in law seems to have similar practice. Her son receives a lot of clothes as gifts from relatives. She takes care that the clothes be worn on days they visit the respective givers, so everybody is happy for being appreciated for the gift. We need to take care in daily life, so that harmony is built up with our conscious contribution.
I totally agree with you
@ahgong (10064)
Well, at least you make the effort to wear the shoes he bought. Why don't you tell him your preferences so that he knows what to look out for the next time he plans to get you a pair of shoes? That way, you get a pretty pair you like, and he does not waste money buying something you do not like. Win win situation for the both of you. Better yet, tell him to bring you along the next time he plans to buy anything for you. You pick the item, he pays for it. Best for the both of you!
But it may have another possibility. That is my husband will be discouraged and doesn't know what to buy for me next time.
@ahgong (10064)
Then you gotta break it to him gently. Get him to go shopping with you for shoes next time. And then explicitly tell him about your likes and dislikes for all the different kinds of shoes. From laces to knots to leather to buckles to buttons to straps. There is like a whole bunch of education for him to learn if you can get him to listen. And before you know it, he may be able to select a pair of shoes for you better than you could!
@zweeb82 (5713)
Hmm, come to think of it, we usually go shoe hunting together. I think I bought most of my wife's shoes for her, of course there are some that she bought herself. Why not just tell your husband that you don't like it straight? At least you guys could take the receipt back to the shop & change it to something you like? Anyway, I know what my wife's taste is like & vice versa so we don't think we'll get into such a situation. Like I suggested, well actually my wife suggested, if it's somewhere near then we can take it back & change. If it's somewhere far like overseas, & this is from me - sel it off on eBay or some auction site? Haha!~
You are quite nice to your wife and she is very lucky
@zweeb82 (5713)
She takes care of me very well too, haha
@Roseo8 (2947)
Well youless that is quite a sensible thing to do...ha..ha......But believe me,I will not divulge this secret to your husband,when I happen to come across him,any time.....
Thanks for keeping the secret for me. Otherwise I shall bribe you
@Roseo8 (2947)
That sounds tempting...But please dont buy me a pair of shoes which I will not like ,as a bribe......
@aseretdd (13736)
That is so sweet of your husband... to buy you shoes... good thing he knows your shoe size... my husband has never bought me any shoes before... but he did give me a nice blouse and an old fashioned wallet from china... I really don't like the wallet... but did not tell him because that would hurt his feelings... i just kept it in the closet with my other used and unused wallets... At least in your case... you still intent to use the shoes during weekends...
Your husband is very nice, too. In fact my husband bought me a dress but I am afraid to wear it as it's a bit sexy for me
@kalav56 (11497)
Then you can wear it at home
@bombshell (11265)
what a good question.yes my hubby always buy a shoes that i dont like.but i still wear it for a respect of his side.
You are very nice and your husband is very romantic
@bombshell (11265)
yes...and he spoiled me too much.
@sacmom (14250)
I'd wear them! Actually my husband did buy me a pair of shoes once. As our oldest son was just a baby at the time and was fast asleep in the car I agreed to stay with our baby while my husband ran into the shop to get me a pair of shoes. I didn't care what brand they were so long as they were tennis shoes in an 8 in a half or 9. I wouldn't have had him get them for me, but the only other shoes I had were in pretty bad shape. When he got back to the car I think I took a quick peek to see what he got me. I tried them on sometime later. My husband started laughing and said it looked like I was wearing clown shoes. At first I thought he had gotten me the wrong size. But it said a 9. Then I thought the company made an error when marking the shoes. Some time later down the road I got rid of them (due to them being worn out). I'm pretty sure I figured out why they were too big for me. It was because my husband had accidentally gotten my shoes in men's instead of women's. I have to tell you, I never had him get me another pair of shoes since! No more clown feet for me! LOL
Your husband is so nice to you
If it makes him happy to see you wearing it, why not? If you don't like them, just try not to wear them when you go out or when you have to see others. I've had similar situations happen on Christmas, where cousins and aunts have given me scarves and sweaters that I don't like at all. It's rude to say something, though, so I just acted thankful and told them I'd wear their things often, and that was good enough for them. :)
It's a very thoughtful way
@kalav56 (11497)
Good decision to wear it during weekends.It will make your husband happy because he has taken the trouble to buy you something. We do buythings, sometimes on our own certain things and later we are slightly displeased with our purchases[rather doubtful-let me put it that way].In such instances, when we keep wearing these things slowly we get used to this and our doubt vanishes.This can also be treated that way.
Yes, I think it's better to make him happy as at least he bought me a surprise
If I love the guy, I would tell him I love that he thought of me but I don't like the shoes. And then I would make a date to return the shoes and get a pair I do like.That way we get to spend time together, and he gets to give me something I really like. I don't lie to the man I love.
You are very honest
@zandi458 (27948)
Why should you refuse a good offer. You should show that you appreciate it even though you might not like it. Men seldom buy for the wife but always buy for the girlfriends
You are right. And this is why I pretend to like the gift he gives me
@marketing07 (6266)
• South Korea
hi youless,one time my husband bought me a pair of sandals..and it was out of fashion..i pretend i like it..but deep inside of me i try to wear it if i will goto market or to my mother inlaw house.
That means to say we act the same
@checapricorn (16065)
[i]Hi youless, I am very open to my hubby when I will not like it! LOL! He is used to me though...LOL! If you are not comfortable wearing it every day, I am sure he will understand as long as you will use it once in a while![/i]
I don't want to hurt his feeling. Otherwise I am afraid next time he dares not to buy me anything