Do you think tanning beds are as dangerous as we have been informed??

@autunno (350)
I like a nice tan and Im sure everyone does ..When I was younger I would go to the tanning bed in the early summer months to get myself started..Now I fear them some what..I also worry about damage it may have caused..Howdo you feel on this subject.Do you go? Do you worry?....
@cornyman (1128)
Hello autunno, very curious now. I always thought Italian women don't need to use the tanning beds because they have already the natural light brown skin and with their black hairs they have it very easy to get no sunburn but a very healthy looking more brownish skin? Do you want to tell me, many Italian women use the tanning beds and not the sun from the nice beaches in Italy? It's true tanning beds can be much more dangerous than the normal sun because when some of the lights are damaged you get a higher dose of dangerous rays for your skin. Therefore you should always watch and control if the lights are shining properly and if the color of the lights are the same. Enjoy your time in myLot and happy tanning in some month on the beach!
@loveyevi (513)
I think the sun and tanning beds are equally dangerous, tanning beds maybe a bit more so, because you are not going to go to a tanning bed and slather on a bunch of sunscreen to protect you from the rays. I do know though that people with a certain disorder that affects your body from not producing melatonin, can fix that. So some people who go to tanning beds excessively may just be self-medicating a disorder.
@dogsnme (1265)
I don't know how dangerous they are and I've never used one but a friend of mine who has a Master's Degree in Physical Education (or something similar) and works as an athletic trainer told me that tanning beds are not necessarily any safer than the sun. I don't know if this is true but I guess it's possible.