Family Trees - do you believe them?

@katsalot1 (1619)
So many people now are trying to trace their roots, and it has become particularly popular because of TV series like 'Who do you think you are'. I have been doing my family tree for a couple of years now, and it is fascinating, especially when you find out things like what occupations they had. But I started thinking - there only has to be one person who had an affair which resulted in a child, or took in another person's child, and it means that you might not actually be related by blood to who you think you are. It only takes one lie or misintepretation to make it all inaccurate. So do you believe them or take it all with a pinch of salt?
ok I hadnt thought about that that kind of does throw a monkey wrench in the whole tree doesnt it? I have been working on my family tree for a few years now and I have been real careful where I get my information from It never occurred to me that someone could have had an affair somewhere down the line I guess I will have to take it all with a grain of salt now