Have you ever bought something off of an infomercial?

Have you ever bought something that you saw on an infomercial? What was it & how much did you pay for it? Was it something you bought on impulse - and regretted later, or something you genuinely needed? I've personally never bought anything I've seen on TV, although I've been tempted to sometimes! What about you?
@BlueGoblin (1831)
My television is not hooked up to anything. I just watch my favorite shows on the internet. I remember the Ginsu knife though. You could cut a Coke can with it. Very helpful when cooking Coke cans.
How much did you pay for it? And why would you want to cut a Coke can? What purpose does that serve your every-day life? =P
I bought that stupid bullet thing..the food processor thingie..I don't know what I was thinking when I did that..all I knew was there was money in my bank account and I needed to spend it somehow..evrytime I look at that thing in the back of the cabinet I curse a little..it was such a waste of money for me..
Aww that's too bad. Can you possibly sell them? Thanks for responding, by the way!
Thank you for not having a boring discussion..lol..well, I only used it once and I wanted someone to come along and just take it but I can't even give the thing away..my friends all said the same thing..what am i supposed to do with that? I don't even cook!..so I guess I am just stuck with the thing..
@jesssp (2739)
I bought one too - The Magic Bullet is what it's called - and it is a total piece of sh!t. It only has one speed and it leaks if you aren't careful. The juicer is useless too. The stupid infomercial was really convincing, I was totally sucked in. It now just takes up space in our cupboard too.
My entire family always laugh at me. I bought so much stuff from the infomercials. Not one have I regretted as of yet. The last thing was the sham wow towels. A few days after buying them my toilet flooded over. They came in handy fast. My down stairs neighbor was not affected by the water.
I always wanted to know if those really worked! Great to know that they do, thanks! (Isn't the guy in that commercial super annoying..? LOL). And I guess as long as you don't regret any of it, that's all that really counts! Thanks for responding to this discussion (as well as the others of mine that you've responded to!) :)
I have done this, I purchased the instyler, hair straightener, they gave me one free and I paid for one so they say. I paid alot, can't remember exactly how much but it was well worth it, I love it, and I sold the extra one on ebay for 100 bucks. :] I am such a sucker for infomercials, they just make the product look so good. Ha! Great discussion by the way! Happy mylotting
I agree - infomercials do a GREAT job in luering a person in to buying a product (and being convinced that the product will work wonders), when usually that's not necessarily the truth. Did the hair straightener actually work? Hair straighteners, I have to admit, are pretty much my weak spot - I bought my Chi for over $120, and it's AMAZING and TOTALLY WORTH IT. =) Thanks for responding!
Oh yes it works wonders. I love it, its a rotating iron so it also does curls. And lifts. Totally worth the money. I wanted a chi but decided on the instyler. Maybe I will get a chi in the future, I am a total sucker for hair straightners, I have a ton already and use just about every one that I have lol/ :]