help with brain tumour

@benny128 (3621)
basically one of my family members was diagnosed with a brain tumour and secondary lung tumours, it was at the point where he was getting very forgetful and confused. He has had surgery and is still very confused and forgetful and the consultant said it was a category 4 tumour which i believe in the uk is one of the worse ones. he is having radio therapy at the moment. Any info on this would be great as I know very little about cancer and would like as much info good or bad that I can get. thanks
@michmich2 (432)
Unfortunately, stage 4 is the most serious stage there is. The fact that the cancer has already spread to his lungs probably means that his prognosis is not very good. Confusion and forgetfulness can persist for a while after brain surgery until all of the swelling and extra fluids are gone and the brain is back to normal. How successful do the doctors think the radio therapy will be? I see that this posting is from three weeks ago. I hope you've gotten some good news since then. I'm very sorry to hear about your family member - I really hope they are able to stop the cancer!
@benny128 (3621)
no news as of yet, we are looking at the worst case scenario unfortunatly, they havent been able to get all the tumour out of his brain they say they got 80% of it. He is still confused etc etc and the docs basically have said not to worry about the tumours in his lungs as the most pressing and dangerous one is the left over tumour in his brain. He is under going radio therapy at the moment but after reading up on it online I think he has about 6 mths left, but he hasnt had any time scales off the docs but he has told them he doesnt want to know, so have got fingers and toes crossed wouldnt wish this on anyone. Thanks for you response.