Where do you meditate?

Meditation - Meditation is good for your health.
@Lindery (853)
Latvia
Do you meditate at all? And if you do, does it matter where do you do it? Is it important to have a quite place? Dark place? Or maybe you need people around? Have you studied meditation before or you just do it following to your feelings?
@srganesh (6345)
The place where we meditate matters.It should not be crowded and full of sounds.Try to have a secluded place.Most preferably a corner in a temple or a place in your house.But sit in the same place daily at a regular time.That way,you can melt into meditation easily.Cheers!
@pickwick (858)
Hi!I meditate in my bedroom on the floor with a carpet.The room neednt be dark but mine is not ver bright.I had guided meditation tapes to help me with meditation initially.Had teachers also who gave me ideas to meditate.Now I just do it without the help of tapes.
@springs (926)
THe place shouldn't be dark but it should be stable.We can meditate any where but not people chattering around.