Do you still use "piggy" bank to save money?

I have a piggy bank (a pig and not any other shape) and has been dropping only Peso:10 and Peso:5 coins for five years now and it is still half filled. It is actually a big pig and I am estimating it could hold at least P7,000 (US$148).
@CatGods (4592)
I don't really have a piggy bank per say, but I do have a 5 gallon glass jug that i put pennies, dimes, and nickles in and some times quarters. One of these days I'll get it filled up and then it will be interesting to see how much money is actually in there.
that is a big jug! the fun is in counting the coins when it gets filled up.
@ejaji123 (96)
No, I don't have one anymore. i used to have one when I was a kid. I remember dropping the cents into it. When I got my first job babysitting, I used to put the money right in there. It felt great. I think every kid should be given one. it really helps to inculcate the habit of saving in kids from a young age.
i agree with you. when i was a kid i also have a canister where i put spare change. and i developed the habit of saving.
I do not have a 'piggy bank' so to say, but I do have a jar to keep my change in. When my wallet starts to get heavy with coins, I empty most of them into a jar. Otherwise my wallet is over-flowing with change and it tends to make my purse much heavier. I continue to add change into the jar until it is fairly full and then I take it to the bank. They have a machine that will count the coins and you will receive the equivalent in cash. This is nice money for a rainy day activity or even a financial emergency. I am always surprised at the amount of money that is acquired after added up all of my spare change.
@diillu (5128)
I also use my piggy bank for saving the changes that I get while shopping or from other sourse. It's not that big. It's kind of medium sized and sometimes it really helps me alot like while I am running out of money or the times when I urgently need the money and the nearest available source would be my piggy bank. It usually takes more than three months for me to fill up my little piggy bank with the money.
@ddfreedie (690)
nope....i don collect money using piggy bag n all....i used to spend em whenever i get...