Can anybody help me with that?

February 24, 2009 7:56am CST
I love " the Simpsons", which is the most prosperous cartoon TV seria in U.S. at present. It has a lot of classic episode. One of them is the Simpsons rush towards the sofa and then the funny thing happens at the beginning of the program. This plot is different every time, no same. The silimar phenomenon apprears in "the American Dad" season 1 when Stan picks up the newspaper on the ground every morning, and the title on it is differnt every time. Could somebody told me that what it is professionally. It should have an exclusive word for this.
1 response
@erskine (72)
• Philippines
24 Feb 09
This particular scene for the opening sequence of the Simpsons is called the Couch Gag... McFarlane Toys late 2006 I think released a toy which had the couch and each of the Simpsons family including Santa's Little Helper to depict this traditional part of the Simpsons series.
• China
24 Feb 09
Thanks. You mean the similar plot in "american dad" should be called newspaper gag?