Do you get hungry when stressed?

Singapore
Will you feel the need to munch on something? ANYTHING? well, whenever i'm stressed or pressed for time, i would crave for something. And now at this present moment. it's Chocolates and chips. Not exactly very healthy snacks. And not exactly very good for my diet. But that's me. Are you like me? Or are you like my mum. She's one of those that don't eat when she's stressed. She just loses her appetite.
@donsky14 (5962)
Same here, I get hungry when I'm stressed out....I usually look for Cheeseburger and a Coke Float. I also shop when I'm stressed out, it makes me feel better. lol
oh no cheeseburger... now i have something to want... haha
@donsky14 (5962)
Wooops..sorry for giving you an idea! lol
@tudors (1556)
no, not at all. on the contrary, if i feel stressed all i need is to find a way to release my blues, my anger and my sadness out by shopping, eating out and having fun.
It is very easy to eat when you are stressed. I am so with you on that. Do I think it's a good habit to possess? Heck, no. It is a very dangerous habit. But I must fess up that it is one of my main weaknesses. My food of choice is often pizza and pop. For the most part, I have let the pop go. I will have an occasional glass of the carbonated variety of liquid every now and then, but I for the most part have weaned myself off the stuff. I hear that alot of the cancers we catch are diet/lifestyle related. I heard that on, I think, Katie Couric last night. Cancer and heart disease kill so many, and alot of it's preventable. Now mind you, some of cancers we get are due to things such as fate, old age, and genes. But that counts for about a third, maybe. The other 2 thirds are related to things like obesity--a direct result from eating too much--too little exercise, and eating the wrong stuff. Watch comfort eating. Eating just because you are lonely, frustrated, bored, or stressed. I need to watch it.
@sunshine4 (8707)
I am just like you. I am a stress eater. I don't think that I actually feel hungry, but I get cravings and they are always for something salty, like chips and then chocolate. It is very scary if I have a jar of chocolate frosting in the cupboard. I could eat the whole container when stressed.
@wolfie34 (26791)
I am the opposite I actually eat LESS when I am stressed, I don't reach out for the chocolate or more food, I think it's the adrenalin rushing around inside of me that dissipates any need for food and I will miss out food because I am so stressed out, usually when I get stressed out I will go to the gym to burn off the frustration and instead of eating will exercise, then when I return home I am hungry again once the stress has been dealt with.