to shave or wax legs?

which one is better? to shave or wax legs? what are the advantages and disadvantages of waxing?
I have not tried either of the two. But according to my friends who tried it, waxing is the better way of the two. When you try shaving, although it is cheaper and more convenient, the effect is not really good. The growth of the hair becomes blacker and itchy. While in waxing, the growth of hair is normal, and smoother.
@aweins (4203)
hi sophie_dfuss, my dear friend, i like smooth hands and legs and i always wax. i know that to wax you have to wait for the proper growth to come so that they can be pulled oput correctly and your skin is also not hurt but i prefer wax. i do it with hot wax. i can wax my legs on my own. i dont have much growth and if i wax once, then i can go two tree months without waxing. i will have very little growth and that too very scarce and far far. in the third month a littlr growth can be seen so i can go on for waxing. i have never tried on for shaving . i am a bit afraid and then it wont even give that beautiful smooth finish. which i just love . i do underarms, i mean i shave my underarms. that i do on every alternate day. there also i dont have much growth. i do, just to have a clean and smooth look.
@cuttyrish (2663)
i prefer waxing because the hair would not grow that fast, and its more smooth. a friend told me that if i keep waxing, the hair that will grow will be thinner. but i am not doing it as often as i can. the only bad thing about waxing, its use to much time.. shaving is more faster, although the hair will grow fast. when i shave, i make it to a point to use a shaving gel, so that i would be smooth..
@mialei23 (2386)
Wax? no way my friend, it does hurt. I woulds prefer shaving than waxing, but the issue in shaving the hair will be thick and it was itchy when it grows so at least you need to shave it regularly but it's hard to maintain. In shaving, the hard here is when you were cut by the shaving.
@ilawise26 (191)
Hey Sophie! This question is surely one of the 'constantly on mind' kinds for girls! Though i have seen my friends going in for waxing because they didn't explore shaving much i used to be scared of the idea of hair being pulled out! Not only that,i saw many people with those skin eruptions due to irritation or infection from waxing. SO i never went for waxing myself. My experience with shaving has been great! Infact now people look at my soft shining skin and wonder how shaving does this! Friends ,here i would focus on the correct way to shave legs! -ALways use a razor till its sharp. -Shave immediately after bath when the roots are soft. -Shave in the direction of hair growth(not against,as my friend oyenkai said above!) -be gentle and slow.Do not scratch your skin with the razor in haste. -Apply a moisturizer or body butter after you wax.This will ensure your skin doesnt itch if u hurt it.Even if it itches,remember not to scratch your skin with your fingers! -And last but not the least,DO FOLLOW ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS! If you become careless about when to shave and how to shave its going to be a disaster! Hope this helps you!!!
I like to shave much more because the wax seems to be horrible for me and I am also scared of the pain:) I love China
@laydee (12811)
I have tried everything when it comes to keeping hair off my legs. But I've always preferred shaving. Why? a. Waxing may be nice because it keeps your legs looking smoother (feeling smoother too) and hair doesn't grow back instantly (unlike shaving where after the day, the hair is starting to grow once again) BUT the biggest disadvantage to waxing is that it cannot be done when your hair is too short. It should at least be a centimeter long for it to be easily caught with the wax. Therefore, forcing you to stand the growth of hair for several days more and experiencing the grossness of feeling and seeing the hairs grow. On the other hand, shaving doesn't really make you wait, if you need clean looking legs now, you can do it now! b. Waxing costs more then shaving. c. Waxing works better when someone else is doing it for you, because of the hard to see areas, unlike in shaving where you can do it alone. d. Provided that you've preferred to hot wax yourself, burning the skin is very much a possibility, while in shaving, though there's a possibility of cuts and nicks, it can well be avoided by using shaving foam and being careful. But of course, there are disadvantages to shaving which includes: a. Nicks and cuts. b. Hair grows instantly the next day and isn't very appealing when rubbed to another's skin. c. It's tasking to shave everyday. But, I'd prefer shaving because of obvious reasons - I don't need to shave everyday because I don't wear skirts everyday, and my boyfriend is not living close by, so no one is complaining. hahahaha.. How about you?
@jheLaichie (4439)
i got lots of hairs in my body. but i dont want to try any either of the two. i havent tried shaving and also waxing. im afraid that when they or when the hairs grows back it would go longer and curly. but some says we could maintain it though but what if i cant continue maintaining it?! thats why its better not to shave or wax my legs.