The Chairman of the Communist Party USA Doesn't Give to Charity... or the party.

@ParaTed2k (22936)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Sam Webb, the chairman of the Communist Party USA stated on Glen Beck's CNN show that he only donates $500 to charity. That charity, he says, is his own newspaper. But wait a minute, I thought communism was about taking care of each other and being charitible? I thought only rich capitalists were so stingy. Force by government is all communists or socialists respect. They have no respect for the individual whatsoever. If you are a communist in the US, your party leader is as hypocritical as you are... and as inhuman.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello ParaTed, Hubby & I record Beck on our dvr each day. So, I did see the interview. Even more stunning than the zero dollars he gives to charity (I'll explain the 0.00 later) was the fact that the CPUSA isn't a Union shop. Their organization is NOT unionized???? And, the CPUSA is structured as a tax-free organization. Talk about oozing hypocrisy!!! As for the zero dollars contributions to charity -- that cheap bast_ _ _ doesn't give a dime to bona fide charitable causes. That $500.00 per year is a contribution to his own organization's newspaper. Here are his exact words: "I give my money to the People's Weekly World, our newspaper." Add, the fact that this moron, the head of the Communist Party of America had no idea that the NAZI party was in fact the National Socialist German Workers' Party is staggering!!! I was speechless. Of course, the pista de resistance was when Beck asked him to name even one Communist country that had ever succeeded, and quite expectedly he um'd and ah'd, and gaffawed until he finally employed the classic standby -- the bait-n-switch. Which, is the standby when a leftist is asked a question that they cannot answer. In the case of the 'one' successful Communist nation -- the answer is that through all of history there has never been even one -- not one! Collectivism, or nationalized Marxism has failed every single time it has ever been attempted. Worse yet, it always ends with mass murder, famine, and the demoralization of the Human spirit. Fortunately, each such experiment has resulted in the emergence of capitalism as the remedy. The guy is a hypocrite, and a dunce to boot! For those who didn't get to see the interview it can be viewed at the Youtube link below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDslH0f9naA And, by the way the CPUSA also posted the video. Of course, under it, they beg you to make a donation to them so that they can fight the "lies and slanders". Talk about cojones! "Donate now to support the work of the Communist Party to take on the lies and slanders of the right." www.cpusa.org
@ParaTed2k (22936)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Yeah, he didn't inspire much, did he. lol
@ladyluna (7004)
I have to admit that I was pretty stunned ParaTed. I have known quite a few diehard Marxists, and for the most part, they've been able to hold their own in an intellectual argument. Typically they tend to fall to pieces when the debate turns to the pragmatic. Though, in this guy's case, he was an utter dunce. So, I guess that capitalism is safe for another day, eh?
@ParaTed2k (22936)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
True, I have known some very intelligent, well meaning socialists and communists. They do well when talking in terms of concepts and ideals, but when it comes to questions of freedom or the success of communism to better the lives of people, they have nowhere to go.
@Taskr36 (13923)
That's no surprise at all. Statistics have already shown that people who favor welfare the most are the ones who give the least. Every state that gives more than the average to charity is either a red state, or a swing state. The states that give significantly less than the national average are blue states.