The new season is about to start...

@Reesers (1387)
and two people have already fallen. No surprise here - Jewel has pulled out. I knew she had been having problems with her knees and she was sore but it's much more serious than that. She has a fractured tibia in both legs. Also pulling out is Nancy O'Dell. She's going to need surgery to repair torn cartilage in her knee. They're both supposed to be on the season premiere when they announce additional changes to the cast. Not sure what all that entails but rumor has it that Holly Madison will replace Jewel. She's one of Hugh Hefner's former girlfriends who was on Girls Next Door and just recently left the Playboy mansion. Things are already intense and we're still two days away from the start of the season! It should be interesting to see who they bring in as replacements, if they do indeed go in that direction. Sure sounds like they will.
@Trace86 (5033)
Thanks for the update. I can't wait for the show to start. It is really one of my favorites to look forward to. They have to have people that can replace the fallen ones so that the show can fulfill its allotted number of weeks. The other show I like to watch is similar but different, if you know what I mean. I like So You Think You Can Dance. Do you watch that one? It is so fun to see them struggling with dances that are outside their realm of experience.
@Reesers (1387)
Yes, I do watch that one too. And you're right. It's fun to watch to see if people can adapt to a new style of dance. Some really do great and then others just fail miserably.
@Trace86 (5033)
Chelsie and Mark from Season 4 were amazing when they did Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_8vUXHoErs There are so many other ones that are amazing on YouTube too. The one that Twitch and that girl did with the door was great as well.
@uicbear (1902)
Wow, that's wild that 2 people are already out due to injury. That just goes to show that the professional dancers are not taking it easy with them at all. They are expected to be able to perform. The injury to Misty last season turned my stomach. You didn't even see anything, but that pop was so loud and to think that was a tendon in her leg, ouch, it hurts me just to think about it. It's so hard for replacements to catch up. They usually get cut some slack by the judges the first week or so because they haven't had as must time to train, but still.... It'll be interesting to see who steps up.
@Reesers (1387)
I still cringe when I think about Misty! It's a shame she got hurt because she was doing well and I would have liked to see her continue. I hope her recovery has been going well and she's doing better.