Leftover rice

@Niah1976 (733)
Can you please share some ideas or recipe for leftover rice. Most of the times I make fried rice. I want to know if there are some ways to cook them a different way so it will not be wasted. I store them in the fridge. Can somebody share me some recipes please. Thanks!!!
@sandymay48 (2031)
I love rice and sausages. I cook mild italian sausages, sautee some green peppers and mushrooms and green onions, chop up the sausage once its cooked into bite size pieces, Mix together the sausages, rice, sauteed veggies and a can of tomato soup or even canned tomatoes..Sprinkle with cheese...YUMMY!
@Niah1976 (733)
That's a nice recipe. I will also try it. I'm sure my kid will love it. thanks a lot.
@mizstress (719)
you can make it a rice porridge for breakfast, add some chicken with it.. or you can make some chocolate porridge, its just same like rice porridge but you need to add some cocoa with it for the chocolate favor..
@Niah1976 (733)
Thanks for the recipe. I will try it.
@stacyv81 (5904)
Well I make this for my kids but it isnt to everyones taste as it is a little bland, but you could spice it up a bit.. I use sour cream, milk, and cream of chicken soup to make a gravy, as thin or thick as you like, and add it to rice. It is pretty good, I ate it grwoing up my kids like it, you could eat it like that, or heat it in the oven with some chicken.. Or my guy likes to make chicken in the oven with can of cream of chicken soup a packet of chicken gravy, onion, mushrooms and a little milk or water, and serve that with rice. Both are pretty good, the latter is better tasting....Just some suggestions
@Niah1976 (733)
Thank u dear for a wonderful recipe. It will surely be a great help.
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
I owuld use the left over rice to make a rice pudding. Just heat it in milk or milk and water and add sugar and maybe some raisins. to make it more nutritious for children you could also beat an egg into the milk before heating with the rice. You could add some cinnamon or nutmeg as you so desire and you thne have a very healthy dessert that can be served either hot or cold. I save all left over rice and keep it in the fridge just for this purpose. I hope that this recipe helps.
@Niah1976 (733)
Oh yes your recipe is such a great help. Thanks a lot for this wonderful idea. I will try that, too. It kinda different because it is a dessert.
@tav_8164 (151)
This is the recipe I would suggest, I use ALL my leftover rice this way and I love IT! Milk, sugar, and cinnimon.... how easy is that? And it tastes great! On an oppisite note, for something salty.... it's not a full meal but heat up the rice and add A-1 steak sauce. MMMMmmmmm, I love it!!!
@Niah1976 (733)
I'd love to do try that, too. Thanks for your help.
@EvrWonder (3577)
I Love Rice. Left over rice never goes to waste. Instead I will use it to make rice pudding which is simply to mix up. I seen the other rice pudding recipes in the responses but I like to add a touch of vanilla also. Once it comes out of the oven, I enjoy eating it straight with Maple syrup drizzled on it. The trick to making perfect rice pudding is to not over cook it. Leave in the oven just until the egg is cooked. Use a knife to poke into the pudding and when it comes out clean (without raw egg on it), it's done. Simple Recipe for Rice Pudding http://southernfood.about.com/od/ricepuddingrecipes/r/blbb121.htm P.S.: I would opt to use less sugar. I don't even add sugar to my rice pudding at all. I also enjoy making Salmon Patties. These are so delicious and simple to make, baked in the oven for 15 minutes. I use the salmon, rice and onions with an egg, bread crumbs and spices. A 350 degree oven for 15 minutes is fine. Salmon Patties are a favorite of mine. Delicious Salmon Patties http://www.essortment.com/all/salmonpattiesr_rqfx.htm Instead of frying I would bake as per above. 15 minutes at 350 degree preheated oven. Of course there is the good 'ol Chicken Friend Rice as another alternative to using left over rice. It is Easy and delicious. Rice also goes great into a nice pot of chicken vegetable soup, home made of course.
@Niah1976 (733)
Thank u so much for your delicious recipes. I will try to do that, too. It is a great help for me so my leftover rice will not be wasted. Because my kid don't like fried rice anymore. She will surely like your recipe. hope you will share me more... good day.
@EvrWonder (3577)
You are very welcome. Did you know that rice with legumes makes a complete protein? I make a meatless yellow pea soup that is absolutely delicious. I add cooked rice and this gives me an instant complete proien dish without the meat.
@deebomb (15319)
When i fix rice I usually fix enough to have left over rice so I can freeze some. You could make rice pancakes. they are left over rice, low fat cottage cheese, eggs, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and butter.
@Niah1976 (733)
Your recipe sounds yummy, too. Thank u for sharing it with me. I appreciate.
@deebomb (15319)
Your welcome
@Archie0 (4667)
Well what i do with it is, put some oil in pan finely cut onion and tomatoes. add some cumins seeds and mustard seeds to oil let it spurter, then put curry leaves to it, when they spurter too, put asfeotida powder to it, afte that put onions and fry put turmeric and gree chillies to it, fru it but dont make it too brown put tomatoe and let it dissovle in oil.after it squeeze half lemon in the pan and fry the tomato nd onions nicely then put the rice to it and stir properly put sal if you need then remove it from flame and srinkle corriander on it and eat it with pickle and yourghut...
@Niah1976 (733)
oh yeah, i'm excited to try that one, too. thank you for sharing it with me... happy my lotting to u friend
@ank_47 (1962)
with left over rice,we make lime rice or tamarind rice in india. we add 1/2 spoon turmeric and salt 1 spoon to 1 cup cooked rice.now in 2 spoons oil in a wok we add mustard seeds 1 spoon,jeera 1 spoon ,chanadal 1 spoon ,peanuts 2,3 spoons and fry them in that oil till they turn red, and add 2,3 green chilli sliced,curry leaves and fry them and add turmeric 1/4 spoon and add this mixture to rice and mix them well ,and in rice we should add lime juice 3,4 spoons. this is good food for lunch or breakfast in india and is famous there. instead of lime juice u can add tamarind juice 3,4 spoons and have it. or with left over rice u can make carrot rice ,coconut rice,jeera rice ,curd rice ,onion rice , brinjal rice ,mutton biryani , vegetable biryani ,tamota rice ,kashmiri pullov etc which are famous in india.every preparation is unique and exquisite and aromatic .so prepare all of those with leftover rice . u can easily prepare them in house ,by seeing the link http://www.indianfoodforever.com/rice/
@Niah1976 (733)
ok. thank you for the recipe though there are some ingredients that i'm not familiar with. i'll just have some substitute for those. regards to you!!!
@roxa19 (115)
a good recipe for leftover rice is cook that rice in a frying pa, with some slat, paprika, pepper. in a different pan, you frie some pork meat, in small pices, and then just add it to the rice. i hope you like the rice this way, i sure do.
@Niah1976 (733)
I like that, too. I was able to try that also. Thank u for the recipe.I appreciate your response. God day to you!!!!
If you want to, you can take some bouillion cubes and cook the rice how you would in a pot of boiling water on the stove. Add some butter to the mix and add one or two of the broth cubes. The cubes will cook with the rice and the rice will be flavored. It's pretty much instant flavored rice for far less than the grocery store.
@Niah1976 (733)
Thanks. That's a good idea too. I tried that already and I love it. :)
@ced_cap (207)
Try champorado. The amount of ingredients depend on how much left-over rice you have. Try it. I'm telling you, its good.
@Ritchelle (3795)
you can make chicken porridge with the leftover rice. just add chicken stock and chicken strips and even a boiled egg or make a beef porridge with a little ground beef and of course beef stock. you can put a century egg on it, too. or try chocoloate porridge with cocoa and sugar with evaporated milk on top of it with fried fish .
I cook the leftover rice as mixed rice. This is done by sauteing minced garlic and chopped onions, ground beef, 1 beef broth cube, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/4 cup soy sauce. I let it boil for a few minutes, put a pinch of ground black pepper, sliced hotdogs and chopped cabbage on the cooked ground beef, mix them until well-blended and add the leftover rice. Then I stir them together over the low heat until the rice is fully cooked with the ground beef mixture. This way I won't need an extra viand because the rice is already mixed with the viand.