Is anyone allergic to turkey?

@helper1 (765)
I'm allergic to turkey, I have told family members for 8 years now, and they keep on serving it. I keep on getting sick, anyone with any advice on what I should tell them, without hurting their feelings?
@Lindalinda (4112)
Yes I know a relative by marriage who is allergic to turkey , chicken and eggs. For all the family gatherings at Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey is always served. Since each of us bring something for the meal I always bring another meat dish, a ham, filet of smoked pork or a beef dish. The person who is allergic really appreciates it. If you are invited to a family gathering ask what it served. If it is turkey tell them you would like to add to the meal by bringing a complementary dish such as ham, beef, lamb or vegetarian since you are allergic to turkey. Make the dish large enough so everybody can have a slice or a spoonful. This way it looks as if the meal has been planned that way and the hosts will not be offended.
@helper1 (765)
Thankyou very much for your advice, I think I'm going to follow it for Christmas. Hope to type with you soon!
@tentwo67 (3384)
I agree with myklj - you can't expect them all to give up the definitive Thanksgiving main course just because it doesn't agree with you. I do think it's odd, though, that there's not perhaps an offer to give you something different since this is your family. I think your only choices are: A - Go somewhere else for Thanksgiving B - Go, but bring with you a meat that you can eat C - Go and eat only the side dishes that you like (God knows there's plenty of that kind of stuff around at Thanksgiving!) Best of luck to you but I really do think you're being unrealistic.
@helper1 (765)
I'm not just talking about Thanksgiving, I'm talking about Christmas and Easter too. I can give into Thanksgiving, but do you think that they could have something different for the other 2.
@myklj999 (34281)
• Olney, Illinois
My advice would be to not eat the turkey; you can't expect everyone else to do without just because you can't have it; that would be very selfish.
@helper1 (765)
Thanks for your advice, but I was really looking for someone to tell me how to get them from stop making the darn turkey. I want a way to tell them, to think about others once in a while, not just themselves!