Writing Challenge

@patgalca (15556)
Orangeville, Ontario
I am a member of a writing group which meets every other Sunday. Last Sunday was more fun than usual. We were having lots of laughs. My first prompt - The two officers wanted to know the whereabouts of her son - left some people disappointed because I was so serious. It ended with a dead kid. I had to leave early because my girls are in the playoffs in indoor soccer but I promised I would take one of the other prompts given and try to make it funny. I started with a story, wrote about two lines and got stuck. So I decided to write a poem. Here it is: http://www.authspot.com/Poetry/Something-Lost-is-Found.618825 I read it to some of my buddies who met yesterday. They thought it was funny, especially the end. What do you think? Have you ever been challenged to write something that you didn't think was in you? And I don't mean writing an article for pay; something just for fun. Could you do it?
@barehugs (8985)
Yes I liked it alot. I enjoy good poetry something with a jangle. Like this one~ As I was going up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish that man would go away! author unknown.
@patgalca (15556)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I like that one. Thanks for the giggle. And thanks for your support.
@snowcat46 (2322)
I can't come up with ideas to save my life. But if someone gives me a sentence and says "make a story", I can come up with some really good stuff. I guess I'm good at running with something someone gives me, I just can't come up with my own creative ideas. Sad, isn't it?
@patgalca (15556)
• Orangeville, Ontario
No, it's not sad. I wrote a whole novel from writing prompts provided at the writing group. I had to expand on them, revise them, fill in the spots in between, but without those prompts the story wouldn't even exist. But I do have other ideas I have come up with from news stories, etc. There is a writer over on Triond who can write a poem about just about anything. It amazes me. Place a pencil in front of her and she will manage to write a poem. THAT is amazing. Ideas are out there, just keep your eyes and ears open. I saw a quote from an author that I have posted on my blog (but it would take awhile to find as I posted it awhile back); it says that a writer is someone who sits back and observes. I know people who will eavesdrop on conversations in coffee shops just to come up with stories. Keep at it. The ideas are there!
@ElicBxn (61063)
that was very cute! Thanks for sharing!
@patgalca (15556)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Thanks for your support. I appreciate it.
@raydene (9874)
I used to have to write reports at work that I never thought I had in me at times! And those college days...yuck...I was always finishing at the last possible moment! Nice poem Doll xoxoxoxoxo
@patgalca (15556)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Yeah, I'm not one for deadlines, even if I appoint them to myself. It never works. Thanks for your support, raydene.
I think I could do that, but I havent really sat down to do it. I am kind of consumed at the moment with making money. It is my focus to make money currently, and I am going to work on that whenever I have spare time. It is a way to make money easily and to do it nicely. I like writing and making money.
@patgalca (15556)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Fun writing is a way to keep your mind working. It also helps you come up with ideas for the better stories. Don't count out your little scribblings or your dreams. Thanks for responding.