Is There Really A Point to Having the Save?

How I view it is the save is only there to add a bit more flare to American Idol because there are some people that are losing interest in the show. The winners aren't doing as great as previous ones and its not like there are going to be many more American Idols that are going to get to the top like Kelly Clarkson did. So is the save worth it? To me no - I feel that if someone is in the bottom 3 one week then most likely America doesn't like them and they don't really have that possibility to win unless some dramatic difference occurs. Plus - all it does it causes 2 people the next week to go home which sucks if someone just happens to have a bad week and lands to be in the bottom 3 but would of been safe. I guess the only performers I see it being used on would be either Adam or Allison. Both are great performers.
@HansonFan (1659)
I agree with you on the fact that Adam or Allison would be the ones saved. I would hope they would also save Kris or Danny if it came to that. I've been pleased that they haven't used it so far, but I think some people don't vote because a person does so well that they just know that they are fine. I have to admit that happened with me when Allison was in the bottom three, I just knew she would be safe. I didn't do it again and all my favorites got a vote last night from me. I think the judges realize that that does happen and don't want someone with a real talent going home because everyone thought they were safe. I'm just happy they haven't abused the power.
I don't know how much they can abuse the power though. Isn't it that they can only use the save once per season now? Plus something where once it hits like the Top 5 they aren't able to use it again... my friend was telling me it the other night. At least thats what I was told. It took me awhile before I actually started watching again, I normally don't start until the Top 10. But yes - I was surprised that Allison was in the bottom three, but I hated how they picked on her because of her outfit. Thats the thing those kids have stylists and maybe thats what her stylists said would look best... I dunno. Plus sometimes I feel that they forget she is only 16.
@brew2x (3095)
I don't like the save concept to be honest. But we never know maybe it could be useful if the one going to be save is our idol and a really great performer. I would like their concept better if they just let the judges choose the bottom three and then America will vote which one should be out or the other way around, the audience will vote and the judges will choose who's going to be out from the bottom three. I think there is another talent show that using this concept.
@tea512 (687)
i hate the save concept, never like the we all get a trophy, we do not keep score mentality there are winners and losers. I do think they are going to use it because they will just let go of two the next week. I agree that the bottom three means you are not liked by enough people and for whatever reason that should not be over ruled.