The strangest one I have EVER seen!

I was looking around online at cake designs to get some ideas for getting my mom a nice cake for this coming Mother's Day. While I was looking at some pictures, I came by a WEDDING CAKE that had a Super Mario Brothers theme. I have seen some pretty strange cakes but to see a cake designed around a video game character was very strange to me. What is the strangest WEDDING CAKE or any other kind of cake that you have ever seen or heard of? Livy J
@pyewacket (44032)
Someone once pointed out to me the Ace of Cake food network show where they are always constructing unusual wedding cakes. I found their website and they show videos of some of the cakes made..including a Viking Ship wedding cake, a Millenium Falcon cake, just to name a few. You can see them here http://www.foodnetwork.com/ace-of-cakes/index.html
Oh yes! I love watching that show. Now those are some really creative minds that work there. Thank you for the link. I keep meaning to go to their site but I never did. LOL. But, I was looking for personal experience from my fellow my lotters. What is the weirdest cake that YOU have seen? Livy J
@pyewacket (44032)
I really haven't had any personal experience of seeing a strange cake, unless you can count the time one of the mylotters here and a friend of mine actually did....a kitty litter pan cake and even posted a pic of it long time ago
I've actually seen one of those too! I love those! I made one for Halloween and it was great to see the reactions. LOL. Livy J
@amoyube1980 (2233)
• Somalia
There is a someone here in the phils whos business is to design special wedding cakes. I think it was a sister tandem, I saw it on tv. They showed these really marvelous looking cakes. There was one that was shaped like a pillow. This is what I really remember the most because it looked really clever and unique. They alos accessorize the cake with pearls and some other things you don't usually see on a cake. I just don't know if they were edible. can't remember now. hehe. I think they even published a coffee table book of pictures of these cakes.
Wow, that is an interesting idea. I am sure most of the pearls are edible. I saw this one show where you thought that the jewels were real but they were in fact made of sugar and the pearls were made from fondant. You could swear they were real though. It was incredible how it turned out. The only unedible part was the topper which was made from blown glass at the bride's request. Thanks for sharing that with me. Happy My Lotting! Livy J
• Somalia
It's really interesting how far creative minds could go, don't they. Your welcome! happy mylotting to you too!
@ElicBxn (61078)
We iced one to look like a Tardis, and I made 2 heart shapped cakes and we decorated them "one for casual, one for best" to quote Romana
Hm, that is interesting. You didn't happen to take any pictures of that did you? Livy J
@ElicBxn (61078)
we might've, but I have NO idea what became of them!
The wedding cake I have seen are almost have the same design.But I have seen some strange pictures which like you described.A cake impressed me deeply is designed like a spirit,it has green face and big ears.It looks like Dobby,the house-elf in Harry Potter.So I think it is very interesting and strange.Do you think so?
Being that Dobby creeped me out a little...yes. LOL. That is an interesting character cake to have. Thanks for the response. If you spot any more, please tell me about them on here again. Livy J