UPDATE: On my swelling face - My trip to the ER, I cried… Embarrassing...

syringe - medication
@iskayz (5422)
Hi everyone! Last week I posted about my face that started to swell. I don’t know why it happened but I’m sure it’s an allergy but I haven’t figured out from what. I don’t look the same anymore so I agreed to be brought to the ER. I am afraid of needles and am not used to going to hospitals cause’ I seldom get sick and in my life, only once I had been confined. I also got used to just self medicating and lucky that I always get cured even without doctors. When I entered the ER the doctor was shocked seeing my face. He even told me why I waited for another day before going to the doctor cause’ sometimes simple allergies can be fatal. The doctor and nurse immediately had me lied down and administered Benadryl through intravenous injection. Now I know it’s going to hurt but I was shocked that I cried hard. Everyone looking at me was shocked and I was embarrassed cause at my age of 35 I cried like a baby. Call it over-acting but I’m sorry I wasn’t able to bear the pain!! Really, I’m not used to injections. But though painful, it was a relief going to the ER. After several hours my face stopped itching and the swell subsided slowly. Now, I can say, this is my face! This is me hehe. Have you been brought to the emergency room? Anything funny, scary or embarrassing experience in the hospital you got? Do you still cry over injections? Share your experience!
@Trensue (5259)
Needles and I do not get along. Two years ago I had to have surgery and they had to put me out before they could get the iv's in right. It wasn't because I was reacting in any way. My veins are just tough to hit. There is usually a tear in my eye when I see a needle. I am certainly glad you went and got the help that you needed.
@iskayz (5422)
Aww surgery? Scary for me... Yeah I've heard of people whose veins are hard for the needles to get through. My friend vet says sometimes veins are hard to grope. I am glad too to have gone to the ER and just went right on time before it got even worst. It's good your operation well too. Happy posting!
@akalinus (28645)
I had to be poked three times for an IV the other day. The first two hurt like blazes because the needle went in the wrong place twice. The third was not too bad because it went where it should. Glad when that was over.