Showing Trust

@Pose123 (21666)
Showing trust is not always easy for most of us yet when we make it a priority in our lives, we tend to feel more secure when dealing with individuals whose motives are not entirely clear. We should not of course, purposefully put ourselves into situations where getting hurt is inevitable, but we can give others the benefit of the doubt by assuming that the impulses driving them to make the choices they do are rooted in good intentions. The world appears to be a gentler and kinder place when we trust people as a matter of course. Our faith can even serve as a source of inspiration that helps us avoid negative circumstances for as has been shown many times, the people we encounter in the course of our daily lives will often unwittingly live up to the standards to which we hold them. We will feel less guarded and more comfortable working with others when we make the conscious decision to put our faith in the goodness of humanity. I know that there are many who will have problems with this, and that's okay because we think differently. Who agrees or disagrees? Please express your feelings.
In communication, the goal would be to move toward complete openess and full disclosure. The typical though is that we're somewhat open and don't fully disclose based upon personal experiences. I know for myself I've had a few bad situations that have left me more guarded about just how much I share, and how quickly. Though, I'm a fairly open person, I think. I've just learned that there are certain things about myself I don't just blurt out lol. I think though that if we all worked toward completel openess and full disclosure we'd see a drastic increase communication and understanding. Namaste-Anora
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi Anora, Thank you for commenting and I believe you are right. Blessings.
Pose- Thanks for the BR. I suppose I find these conversations on communication so fascinating right now because I'm once again in a communications class with a teacher I really like. Dan Hanson is definately an author you should read, if you like things on communication. He's been teaching for years now, and really has a wonderful take on the communication process, and the power of communication. Namaste-Anora
@jillhill (37379)
I think the world would be a better place if we could all trust each other...and yes things would go more smoothly....I don't really distrust people....but am on alert when meeting someone who comes on too strong....or someone that is pushy as there usually is some sort of alterior motive...or when something appears to be too good to be true....
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi jillhill, Thank you for your response. I think most people are like you in that way. The fact is though most people will live up to our trust. Blessings.
@mymhie5 (118)
trust is difficult to find in this word it need time to make trust to other people
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi mymhie, Thank you for commenting. Wouldn't it be a great world if we all trusted each other? Blessings.
@savypat (20245)
I use to trust people, but I have been hurt to many times to trust without getting to know the person. I don't like being this way and I avoid people rather then having to judge them trustworthy or not.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi savypat, Thank you for responding and I am sure that you don't like being that day but I understand. Blessings.