Are you an envelope ripper or do you use a letter opener?

@katsalot1 (1619)
Personally, I love ripping letters open, unless it looks like something important or special then I'd use a proper letter opener. It irritates my partner that I do this because he always uses a letter opener. How about you?
Those that contain office communications and where the envelop is not recycled, i open all the flaps carefully then set it aside to be used again folded inside out. But those with both sides already used i open them by cutting one end with scissors. With regards to my personal mails that i receive at home these also get opened with scissors. The only time i use a flat bladed cutter (i don't have a proper letter opener) is when the paper inside occupies the full length of the envelop and there's not a space left for me to use the scissors with. Hi, katsalot!
@katsalot1 (1619)
You sound like a very organized person, and it's good that you re-use envelopes when you can. Most envelopes I put in the paper recycling so it doesn't matter if they are ripped.
Oh, thank you for the br, katsalot!
@qiao522 (449)
Ripper absolutely. When there is something really important, I rip it carefully, but never use a letter opener.
@katsalot1 (1619)
Sometimes I try to rip carefully, but it never seems very successful.
@breezie (1247)
I am definitely an envelope ripper. I don't even own a letter opener. I try to rip open the envelopes fairly neatly though.
@katsalot1 (1619)
I think that if you were not a born envelope ripper you would use something else.
@Theresaaiza (10528)
Ripper!!! If the mail seems important thought I carefully open the envelope trying not to make too much tears in the flap. We don't have a letter opener but I saw my mom use the handle of a spoon before.:-D
@katsalot1 (1619)
A butter knife is good, or a ruler, but ripping is more fun!
@cndn420 (2062)
like you im a ripper! i dont even have a proper letter opener at home, ive got my fingers to open the letter LOL