Ok Bush Haters, where will you go with this?

@ParaTed2k (22980)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
"WASHINGTON (AFP) – As part of its plans to close Guantanamo Bay, the Obama administration is considering holding some of the detainees indefinitely and without trial on US soil, US media reported Thursday." One of the biggest critiques of the Bush administration was the holding of detainees indefinitely, without rights of Habeaus Corpus or trial. Now, Prs. Obama is planning the exact same thing! I don't really fault Prs. Obama for this complete 180 of a flip flop. I'm pretty sure Obama would love to make good on this campaign promise, but I also know that there are a lot of things candidates hope to do, but once the realities of the office set in, they learn why it's not such a good idea in the first place. They also learn why their predecessors weren't so wrong after all. The truth is, Prs. Obama has continued a lot of Bush's policies. What would be great to hear from him is an acknowledgement that Bush wasn't as bad for the US as he and many people were led to believe.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090513/pl_afp/usattacksguantanamorightscongress_20090513233825;_ylt=AhVhKKeFvt8N8Nn1yCDekrCsOrgF This is the story regarding the funds for GB closure as of yesterday evening AFP at 7:13PM. The end clearly states "no funds are provided in this Title to transfer, relocate, or incarcerate Guantanamo Bay detainees to or within the United States." http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090514/pl_afp/usattacksguantanamodetention This is the article this morning via AFB 6:54 AM. It is interesting that the article states "Senator John McCain, has pressed for reinstating the military commissions to try Guantanamo detainees". This is what President Obama stated, according to the article: "But Obama, who sharply criticized the use of military commissions to try extremists under Bush, may ask lawmakers to expand legal protections for detainees, the officials said, requesting anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter". It sounds as if he's trying to make sure these men and women get a fair trial. Namaste-Anora
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Yup, that's what Obama said, but now this is what Obama is saying... http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090514/pl_afp/usattacksguantanamodetention_20090514105450
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Anora... how many detainees are you volunteering to take into your home?
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20090513/POLITICS-US-USA-SECURITY-INTERROGATION/ This is the most recent article that just came up regarding this topic. It's very interesting. It states again that no decision has been made at this time what will be done with GB terrorists. As well as restating that President Obama does want fair treatment, but he was not going to release the remainder of the pictures in hand regarding torture, because of fear for our soldiers safety overseas. Namaste-Anora
@suspenseful (40314)
I guess he finally realized that having a terrorist next door to him would not be a good idea. I guess it got through to him when he went to try to talk to those terrorist leaders in the Middle East and found to his horror , that signs of appeasement were taken by them as signs of weakness. The trouble is these terrorists are going to be on American soil even if they are in secured facilities not in a place where they have to procure a boat and get past guards to escape. Now all they have to do is to get past the guards, hide in laundry baskets, etc.
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
I wonder why all the "Make Love Not War" crowd aren't inviting the detainees into their homes? ;~D
@Taskr36 (13923)
nimby
@bdugas (3581)
I think he is beginning to see that Bush was not such a bad person after all, I think he went into office thinking he could change everything to his thinking, which sometimes is not possible. While Bush wasn't the best president we may of ever had, I think he did a good job in keeping us safe after 911, one thing that I don't feel Obama can do. But you know they would die before making a remark that Bush wasn't all that bad.
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Spicey, how many terrorist attacks happened on US since 9/11?
0 but how many happened BEFORE 9/11?
@xfahctor (14126)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
yes spicey, lets look at how many times we were attacked before 9/11 outside a war zone under clinton shall we? In addition to the Oklahoma city bombing which was NOT a milita attack as Clinton would have us believe, we also have.... Oct. 12, 2000 - A terrorist bomb damages the destroyer USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, killing 17 sailors and injuring 39. Aug. 7, 1998 - Terrorist bombs destroy the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. In Nairobi, 12 Americans are among the 291 killed, and over 5,000 are wounded, including 6 Americans. In Dar es Salaam, one U.S. citizen is wounded among the 10 killed and 77 injured. June 21, 1998 - Rocket-propelled grenades explode near the U.S. embassy in Beirut. July 27, 1996 - A pipe bomb explodes during the Olympic games in Atlanta, killing one person and wounding 111. June 25, 1996 - A bomb aboard a fuel truck explodes outside a U.S. air force installation in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. 19 U.S. military personnel are killed in the Khubar Towers housing facility, and 515 are wounded, including 240 Americans. Nov. 13, 1995 - A car-bomb in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia kills seven people, five of them American military and civilian advisers for National Guard training. The "Tigers of the Gulf," "Islamist Movement for Change," and "Fighting Advocates of God" claim responsibility. April 19, 1995 - A car bomb destroys the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people and wounding over 600. February 1993 - A bomb in a van explodes in the underground parking garage in New York's World Trade Center, killing six people and wounding 1,042.
@stealthy (8188)
Well a European committee found that Guantanamo Bay was not breaking any kind of International rules and that the prisoners were treated well. So it is only the liberal Democrats who want to close it because they favor terrorists over U.S. citizens. So Obama when you bring them to the U.S., you set up the prison for them next door to your daughter's schools in D.C. since you Democrats thing they are such great and non-dangerous people.
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
The International Red Cross has also put out statements that the detainees are being treated in accordance with international treaties. They also have a permanent presence there.
@Arkie69 (2156)
The way I see it, it's just one crook copying another. You know the old saying. "Birds of a feather flock together". Obama just doesn't have so many friends and fellow crooks in high places like Bush does. If Obama was just half as smart as he thinks he is he would make Bush look like a school boy. If we don't watch him real close he just may do it anyway. At least Bush was smart enough to do his dirty work under the table out of sight of the public. Obama doe4sn't care what we think about what he does. Art
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
So what laws have been broken here?
@xParanoiax (6997)
Different horses, similiar luggage. I didn't expect him to be different, I barely dared to hope, but blah. I suppose it was too much to ask that my government stop filling me with dread because of a simple change of hands...but then, perhaps, there was no real change of hands at all? *shrugs* Like I said, I didn't expect things to be any different. I waited, I watched, he had a chance...but all this...I can't let it go. I'll critisize him just as I critisized Bush.
@Adoniah (7515)
"O" cannot turn these people loose. The recidivism of these people is like 99%. It would be stupid to turn them loose anywhere in the world. We would certainly "see them again". "O" is doing a lot of 180s lately. I just wish he would do some on the economy and the banks. If he had just left them alone and left GM and Chrysler alone it would be all over by now and we would not have spent billions and billions of dollars that we will never see again. And Chrysler would not be moving to Mexico and 3,000 dealerships would not be gone today. WOW, can you imagine how those people feel right now? Cut off even if Chrysler still makes cars in Mexico. "O" does not need to acknowledge Bush. He just has to start acting like an American or get the Hell out. People say we should impeach him. That is not enough. We should deport him back to Kenya. Shalom~Adoniah
They're cousins for heaven's sake. I still can't believe he got voted in...I can't believe that people expected any different. IMO, they both are incompetent.