what kind of soap are you using?which do you prefer...

@ckyera (17342)
a whitening soap, germicidal, hypoallergenic, liquid soap or what? me right now i'm using an exfoliating soap and a whitening. i don't know i just want to have fairer skin...i don't if my soap is effective but it looks like! hehehhe how about you? what kind of soap are you using? have a nice day! :-)
I am using green papaya soap all over my body every time I take a bath. Then, i apply scrub liquid soap on my face three times a day for face washing..About the other members of my family, they have different soaps being use. My sister used whitening and anti-germicidal soap, and all the family member especially the males used the soap with a strong germicidal substances.. Then, the soap i used in laundry are all anti-stain and germicidal soap. Then, in the toilet I used liquid hand soap every time i poo and wee. Also, hand sanitizer and female liquid cleansing for private parts. All i mention is to avoid germs and to leave a fresh and clean feeling all over my body.
@ckyera (17342)
hello there! thanks for being on my discussions! i appreciate it! well with all those kinds of soap...i think surely your family is free from germs and always have that refreshing feelings! well its always nice to use different kinds of soap according to use...but isn't it expensive for all of you?
a word of caution alot of studies now show that overuse of all these things with antibacterial stuff in them leads us to have lower immunity to bacteria, in other words in order to be able to ward off bacteria we need to come in contact with a few bacteria to make our immune systems work so a lot of doctors say to just use ordinary soaps with out the antibacterial features so you can have a better immune system.
@lkbooi (16100)
Hi ckyera, there are a bar soap and a bottle of liquid soap available in my bathroom right now. It’s a goat milk liquid soap. It’s white in color. It would leave a fragrant smell on my skin after using it when having shower. I love the fragrance as it makes me feeling energetic. So it’s nice to take shower before going to work. The olive oil soap bar is green in color. I bought half a dozen bars when visiting Turkey end of last year. Sometimes I use it to clean my face. It’s believed that use it frequently would keep our complexion healthy and beautiful Anyway I use the liquid soap most of the time for it's easier and more convenient to use Happy posting
wow.. dear lkbooi.. goat milk liquid soap? The name itself nice.. But very big request is, I must get goat mil liquid soap from lkbooi (mm.. getting 4 or 5 soaps better I hope) when I visit malaysia. I am very much attracted towards goat milk liquid soap. I had used olive oil. but just came to knew about olive oil soap. Thank you very much for updating some amazing (yes.. its truly amazing for me) information on soaps. I may change my soaps in future, I hope.. Have a nice time!
@jheLaichie (4439)
i am using a liquid whitening body wash. i do not know if i use this to make my skin whiter or what. but i alrady got a fair skin but i just like using it. it makes my skin soft. but if there is nothing i could use for a moment, i use our daily soap. plain soap there is. thanks friend jhelai
@CJay77 (4438)
I use two different bar soap, I use dove for my face and dettol or Fa for the body. I used dove for my face because it seem to work well on my skin than any facial cleanser I have tried. When I was in the Philippines I have tried whitening soap, but they don't seem to work, so I stop after using 2 bars, lol.
@kun2349 (23464)
First of all, what are germicidal and hypoallergenric soap?? lol =D Can simplify it for me pls?? lol =D Right now, i'm using liquid soap as it's more convenient.. PLus, it's more hygenic too as it need not go thru everybody's body while bathing.. lol =D Though bar soap is more fragnant, but it's too slipperly to handle and thus i prefer liquid soap instead.. hehe ^_^ When i was a kid, i had to use bar soap because there wasn't any liquids ones available.. Thus, alot of soap was wasted when it fall onto the floor while showering.. haha =D
@ckyera (17342)
hahaha...hypoallergenic i think are soaps for sensitive skins and usually used for babies coz i think chemical content is low...hypo germicidal...well it kills germs! hahaha or specifically used to kill germs...well these are my self explanation...heheeh coz when i get some skin irritations, i use germicidal soap...and they are actually in bar form( if i know, the only type of soap you know is the liquid and the bar!) hehehe well i also use liquid sops but i just don't enjoy it coz its so slippery to the skin and i feel like it just stay on my skin even after washing...as to bar soaps...well for kids, they should be careful not to leave the soap on the floor coz it may lead to some accidents!
@kun2349 (23464)
I see i see ^_^ THere are times i used those too, because it smells so nice and feels so smooth on the skin.. lol =D So dettol belongs to germicidal?? hehe ^_^ I do use it sometimes, depending on what my mom bought.. haha =D YEah, i do only know about these 2 types of soap and i wont really care what kind of soap they are.. haha =D As long as i get to clean my body, it's good enough.. hehe ^_^ Well, liquid soap is better for me because it really makes my body cleaner.. haha =D Right now in the era, i dun think kids will be using bar soaps as much as compared to liquid ones.. hehe ^_^ Luckily for me, i did not experience any accidents with it so far.. haha =D IN the army, there's often stories about bar soaps, especially during bathing times.. lol =D I guess your hubby might know about it.. hehe
@ckyera (17342)
story about bar soaps?mmmmmm i can't tell if he know about it... if its okay, feel free to tell this story to me... i thought you know my name! hahaha....
@dpk262006 (56734)
Hi Cky! I prefer to use a soap bar instead of a liquid soap or gel. I use the soap called Pears, manufactured by Unilever, which is a multi-national company. It contains glycerin and it suits my skin and I've been using it since ages.
@ckyera (17342)
hi dpk! again, we are the same! hehehe coz i also prefer bar soap over liquid...its more convenient for me... Pears? well never hear that, i guess we don't have that here but we have products here from Unilever... well as long as it suits your skin and you have proven it to be effective on you...then there's a reason to keep on using it...i wish i am like you that can use the same kind for years...but im not. i need to change always coz my skin don't like using the same thing for long time...hehehe thanks dpk!
@dpk262006 (56734)
Hi Ck! Oh my Gosh, you say that your 'skin' does not like using the same soap, it means you have some special skin which prompts and instigate you to use different soaps and soap bars. My soap (i.e Pears) suits my skin and my skin glows when I use it and I look handsome and smart, once I've taken bath........(I've been using it for more than 20 years and since then its price has become three times, when I started using it). Deepak
@ckyera (17342)
wow! that's great...20 years of using the same brand? so great! hehehe i think unilever must reward you for that being their loyal customer! hehehe they should give you a 'loyalty' award for that! really? you feel handsome and smart after using it? hehehe no wonder...when you look in your mirror you also says it...i think i like to try that kind of soap also...hehehe so that i can feel more beautiful and smart...hehehe how about the scent? is it good? with my skin, i don't know, i don't understand it, its not sensitive but i just notice that it will become nice for the first few months of using such kind of soap but after a while i will notice that its not as nice anymore and so i will try another kind of soap...just like that but i can always go back to the previous kind that i am using...just don't use it always...
Hi ckyera, currently I am using herbal soaps. but I switch between chamical and Herbal soaps. I think atleast hereafter, I must pay severe attention in using a standard best product which suits me well. I rarely used liquid soaps when i travel outside and stay any Lodge. More than soaps, I give much care for Shampooing Hair. Have a nice time!
@ckyera (17342)
hi raghul, sorry for this late comment...hehhee but anyway, what kind or herbal soap are you using? like you i also seldom use liquid soaps...i just use them when i get lack of the usual soaps that i am using...i don't know i just don't like it much coz its kinda slippery on the body...heheh and find it difficult to rinse out... so you are more into your hair? huh! and what kind of shampoo are you using? me, i have some problems with my hair coz i have a curly one...and i just shampoo them every other day coz if i shampoo it everyday, i am afraid they will loss due to hair fall! hehehe i don't want to be bald! thanks raghul!
Ha.. ha.. you will not be bald dear.. I am sure for this thing. yes.. I always concentrate in hair very much. Current i have short hair. But earlier I had long hair(must i remember our Hero?) Sure.. Bret too one reason for my long hair. But when my field changed before 2 years, I worked day and night with no leave on sundays. sometimes I worked both day and night shift for company sake. As I too have curly hair, I had problems in next day morning when i comb my hair. It don't hear my words. When I realized i cannot take special care on my Hair with my busy schedule, also as I felt uneasy while meeting customers with my long hair, which some day's make me appear like a ghost, I cut my hair short for best reasons(as customers should be welcomed. they must be afraid) I think less sleep is the main reason for my hair fall those days and improper diet. Currently my hair is good. I too never the same always in using a particular product. But like a routine, I change 3 brands particularly.. they are Garnier Shampoo(first place), Pantene(2nd place) & Clinic all clear or Clinic Plus shampoo. Garnier always give me best results. And in Soap, I use 'Hamam' maximum.. rarely other soaps. I would even Prefer Dettol and Lifebuoy Soap sometimes. When i use other soaps, I can see immediate changes in my hand skin colour. so I am scared a little with other products. Have a nice time dear.. Happy Postings!
@ckyera (17342)
i see i see..hehe well you really are a big fan of our hero! hehehe coz you even follow his hairstyle! i also use pantene sometimes but i keep on changing brands...hehehe but i like its smell... Garnier? well i think i haven't seen one here...is it expensive? the only garnier that i saw here is a facial cream or wash ...hehe and the soap you are using...i guess we also don't have that here...but there's many herbal soaps here as well... well it good that you are taking good care of yourself!
I am using an oatmeal soap since it has been recommended by my dermatologist. I have a very sensitive skin so I go for naturally made soaps!
@ckyera (17342)
hi chrissa! i think if we have real sensitive skin, its always better to ask for a dermatologist help...of course they know better! hehehe was oatmeal soap nice to the skin?i saw these kinds on malls but i don't try it yet what i have only tried is the "papaya" soaps which don't really works on me and i think my skin don't really like a single type of soap and that's why i am changing every now and then... thanks for sharing! have a nice day!
Yes I have consulted my skin condition to my dermatologist.I have this condition called Keratosis Pilaris (Chicken SKin) and it is very annoying. But I have lived with it. I was advised to use oatmeal soap and it has been working wonders on me. I used to use papaya soaps and even soaps with salycilic acid, but the sad part is, it makes my case worst. So right now, I am using oatmeal soap and lotions rich in vitamin A. I still have a sensitive skin but it is not that annoying anymore and I could already wear sleeveless shirts unlike before. happy mylotting!
@ckyera (17342)
oh i see...well i think you are okay now and that's good for you... as always...doctor's advice is still the best...
@dbutheking (2347)
Hi cykera, I'm using soaps with flavours such as lime and rose very much. I also used the anti-septic soap for washing my hands before and after i eat. I like the odour of the soaps i having flavours very much. There are more number of flavoured soaps are available in the market. There are new soap brands coming in the regular intervals. I also want to have a fairer skin for me. Have a successful day ahead.
What is exfoliating soap?
@simonelee (2716)
hi,ckyera. I'm into baby soaps.=p my dermatologist adviced me to use those because I have a sensitive skin. This is one of my problem beacuse my skin easily react to other none hypoallergenic soaps.
@ckyera (17342)
hmmm...so your skin is like a baby? nice! then if that's the case just follow your derma's advice...you are like my friend's sister! she can't use any other soap but a baby soap...coz if not, her skin will be irritated! thanks simonelee!
@simonelee (2716)
baby skin? i don't know. maybe baby crocodile's skin.(laughing) there is onetime when i accidentally used the ordinary soap my skin become itchy and started to turn red and formed map like. I also use liquid milk soap for my face.=p(for stressful days).
@jpso138 (7863)
I am using a germicidal soap. I have worked with the ambulance service for quite a long time and at the time, I always used a germicidal soap considering that I am always exposed to a lot of patients. Now that I have resigned from such work, it seems that I have gotten used to using the same soap.
@ckyera (17342)
hello jpso! i also use a germicidal soap but only if i have some skin problems...so what brand are you using? and what's your work about?
@zearah (5341)
A hypoallergenic soap for bath is the one popular here in our house. Though some of us here also using beauty soaps from various producers both local and international. Here soap is like a food when one tried it good and effective the other would ask and use it too. Without knowing that just like food we have different taste. Thus a particular soap is good for somebody might not be the same for another. I am currently using a soap made up of papaya! Ha ha ha. Many people from our neighbor said that my skin is looking young and fresh. Would you like to try the same soap as I use? Hmmmm.
@ckyera (17342)
papaya soap? what brand? hehehe i also use papaya soap before but its just 'likas' or sometimes 'ysa' both are good for me but now i don't use it anymore...i can't saty for the same soap for a long time, i need to change evry once in a while, i don't know why but i observed that my skin don't like the same soap over and over again! huh!
@yugasini (12836)
• Anantapur, India
hi ckyera, about soaps,soaps will not give fairness,it will give only fragrances, but i preper to use any type of soap,i prefer glycerin soap in the winter and any other type of soap in other days...have a nice day
@ckyera (17342)
but the soap i am using gives me fairer skin...hehehe thanks anyway!:-)
@shibham (17019)
hi ckyera. i always use germicidal soap bcoz in this summer it is more suitable than any other. i use LIFEBUOY soap which always control body odour. thanks. welcome to my discussion.
@ckyera (17342)
hi shibham! i have heard about that soap lifebuoy..but that was long time ago, i don't know if that's still available on markets here...mmmm but i remember when i was younger my mom buys that soap... by the ay, thanks for sharing!
I use Detol liquid soap because it kills germs and is certified by some Indian Medical Agency or something like that.
@zearah (5341)
Hi Guitarpunk I use also Detol when I was in Middle East. Aside from the hygienic purpose it would cure minimal skin diseases. I even use that to was my wounded legs and the healing process was so fast. I proved Detol to be effective.
@babyish13 (227)
im using hypoallergenic since i have very sensitive skin
hi ckyera hatley here. to wash my hands I used soft soap in ' some of the natural scents but for my face I use Noxema and water to cleanse my skin and moisturize my face.
I mainly use germicidal/antiseptic ones as it cleans the sweat more thoroughly and the smell is very fresh. I heard they also can prevent skin disease or infection. I do sometimes jump to another kind like whitening or moisturising soap, but it won't be too long though. Antiseptic is always my choice.
hi ckyera I like softsoap, a liquid hydrating and germicidial soap,it comes in some really pleasant scents and best of allit 'makes your hands look like you had used a lotion on them.I have used liquid SoftSoap for years, and will keep on using it as it does a great job, and is a great product.