The Bonaroo Music Festival..in a sleepy little town...Manchester,Tn

Have you ever attended the Bonaroo Festival here in Tenneessee? There are thousands and thousands of people that come here from around the world. This is the biggest thing and the busiest time for this little town. Tomorrow the festival starts and goes thru Sunday. Then all of the people that converged on this town will head back to where ever they are from. Many well known artists have played the festival, from Metalica to Blackeyed Peas. It is simular to the festival back in the day called Woodstock. At first when they came, they were smoking pot right on the street. They start coming in at the first of the week and camp out in parking lots and on the side of the streets. They were not arrested for the pot. The police said they did not have enough room for the people that broke the laws in our jails. They descend on the stores and the streets here until the festival is over. The town puts up with it all because of the money they bring here. Some of the people are really nice and some are not. As you can imagine when you get thousands of people in the same place. No matter if it rain or shine the music goes on. Have you ever been there or ever plan to go? You can buy tickets online for just over $200 for the 4 days. If you want a hotel, it will cost and you have to book them way in advance at least 6 months might do it for you.
@greenline (14858)
That sounds very interesting. I have been to Tennessee a couple of times, eastern part, the Smoky Mountain. Very beautiful. But, I don't know where the place you are talking about is , where the festival is. Is it in Nashville area ? I cannot come this time, but hopefully next year. Enjoy the festival !
It is about 90 miles SE of Nashville off of I-24 exit 114. That would be half way between Chatanooga and Nashville.
@greenline (14858)
Thank you for your reply. That's probably near Knoxville , right ?
Not we are a good ways from there. It is south central ...in that area. Just SW of Nashvile and NE of Chatanooga
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
I have never heard of this festival although I have heard of Woodstock. I would love to hear the music but I suffer greatly in crowds. I get nervous when people are pushing me or hust jostling around me. I can only stand being in a cinema as everyone is seated and it is not for too long. I have always had this phobia. I can control it but it is not enjoyable for me to be in a situation like this. You will get all kinds of people when they descend on somewhere in crowds. As you said, many will be nice and others you wish that they had not come. The economy is so bad that the local people must be glad of the business though
I'm sorry to hear that you have a hard time with crowds. These people are so different from what you would expect. They are really friendly and oh so, like the people of the flower power days...help each other be kind to each other. I don't see them pushing and shoving. It's just in the stores they come in by hoards and by up everything..things they forgot that they would need. Paper towels, toliet paper. As well as things they knew they would want or need, water bottles, sodas, snack foods, etc. They have a share with all attitude. If you need an ice chest, soda, bath articles, snacks, tents, tarps, grills, anything like that. You must buy it before the week they get here. And forget trying to get a hotel room during this time. They are all taken, the same for any RV's within 100 miles that are for rent. The first couple of years this went on, money was lost. The city did not get what they were suppose to. Someone took the money. Now the contract for this is owned by a certain person or company and things are taken care of like they are suppose to be. I guess the Bonaroo will carry on here for years to come. I don't like crowds myself. I can not do all of that walking either and I can not handle the sun and heat. SO this is not a thing for me to go to. Unless I had the motorhome there.
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
Oh I understand better now. what happend to me many years ago as a yong person in London, U.K. I was in the underground or tube as you call it and a crow, literally over a hundred. football hooligans rushed from a train. It was horrible as they were pushing and shoving. I was on the floor protecting me head and screaming. never have forgotten it. I would enjoy your festival if I got up enough courage
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Next year I'm booking into your house and joining in the fun! Sounds like a hoot. I remember Woodstock, but I'm too old for the camping bit, so change the sheets on your spare bed sweets! LOL
You are welcome anytime...come on the sheets are being changed in ...oh about 3 minutes.lol
• Regina, Saskatchewan
On my way then............................no wait, I have to change my own sheets first. LOL Can't leave the house with dirty sheets on the bed! You never know who might need a bed at short notice! ROFL
Hi moondancer,,,,,I have never heard of the Bonaroo Festival.I am sure the town takes in a lot of money at this time. The tickets are a little expensive.I have never been to anything like that and I am too old and my health is too bad now for me to go..
I do understand. It's too hot for me to be outside even if it was something that I'd want to attend. Plus all the walking around you have to do there, well lets just say I can not do that either.