Do we need a tourist guide to enjoy Cagayan de Oro?

@oyenkai (4396)
I'm wondering if we need a tour guide to enjoy Cagayan de Oro? More specifically, I'm wondering if we need a tour guide to enjoy all the places in Camuiguin Island?
@jpso138 (7863)
I do not think you need to have a tourist guide. As long as you have some ideas on where to go. Usually you can look at some brochures on what places to offer. That is often good enough. Having a tourist guide will usually add up to your expenses. So the thing is, just make a research first on the places to go and how to go there. If you do that, there is surely no need for a tourist guide.
@borg_queen (2535)
I haven't been to CDO but you don't even really need a tour guide for the much bigger Davao City. Wouldn't it be more fun to ask around? Vis-Min cities are not as big and dangerous as Manila.
@russso (1699)
You won't need one in Cagayan de Oro. However, you might need one in Camiguin because there are more places to see there so it would be good to have someone who already knows the place.
@meticulo (1286)
Hi there oyenkai!I don't think you need a professional tourist guide but a friend will do. I think you still need somebody to go with you even not in Cagayan de Oro because it's really uncomfortable to go to places you are not familiar with.I live 30 minutes ride away from Cagayan de Oro but if you go here you can call me and I might be able to help you in some little ways like giving you some directions. Going to Camiguin Island is just easy. I know when you meet people here they will help you too. Welcome then to the "City of Golden Friendship".
@galileo2008 (1146)
If you want to visit Cagayan de Oro City, you might want to have somebody who's familiar with the place, it doesn't have to be a professional tour guide, a friend or somebody you know who knows the place can be fine. I have been to Cagayan and believe me, it's a great place. You may also try to visit Bukidnon's DEL MONTE.