Good things comes in threes and bad in twos...

There is this old saying that good things comes in three and bad things comes in twos.... don't know the logic behind the saying..... do you.. Have you ever observed that three good things happened with you and two bads..... Old saying are real confusing...
Harsh- I am not one hundred percent certain on the etymology of the phrase, but it seems likely it came from an old wives tale. My guess would be that it stems from the belief in the trinity, in that three is representative of a trinity. My guess is that is why it says at times "Good luck comes in three". I'm not sure about the bad luck coming in pairs, I've not heard that one. Namaste-Anora
@lynnemg (4536)
I have also never heard that saying, but have also heard that everything comes in threes. I think that they either come in threes or multiples of three. A good example is when I worked in a nursing home. If one resident passed away, we could count on at least two more, if a fourth passed, we count count on it being at least 6.
@lilaclady (28236)
I have never heard that particular saying, but I have heard everything comes in three's and I honestly believe that.