Who here takes Vitamin D?

vitamin d! - Vitamin D
@laurahen (596)
For people who live in northern countries or areas that do not receive that much sun light, do you take vitamin D supplements? I live in Toronto and in the winter months it's almost impossible to get enough sunlight naturally (and vitamin d through the sun) so i take it in supplements. Not only does it give me an energy boost but it also prevent cancer in women. So who out there takes vitamin d? What kind do you take? How big is your dose?
@dlr297 (5418)
When i am not going to be able to get out in the sun i take a vitamin D3 supplement. the ones that i take are 5000IU.. Most people are deficient in vitamin D. and it is one of the most important things that our bodies need.
@laurahen (596)
That's really proactive of you! And such a good dose of vitamin D too. I have to admit that i forgot some time in the winter when i get really busy. i haven't been taking any this summer because i've been outside so much (despite sending tons of time posting on mylot haha). Thanks for the post! Enjoy the nice summer weather while we have it!