These rich, snobby idiots!!!! In today's world, in today's age. They're KIDS!!

@jerzgirl (8168)
Gloucester City, New Jersey
I just saw this in my local news newsletter. I can't stand elitist attitudes. They breed division and, all too often, racism. They don't even seem to be overly embarrassed by their obvious bigotry. I can't believe these people have the nerve to go on record with these statements. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Campers-Complexion-No-Problem-for-New-Pool.html I realize that we can't change how people think. But, change MUST start with the children and they have just projected such thinking to those very children. I think we need to bring this "private" club to people's attention so that they lose face and members. It would be great if people picketed the club, bring more media attention than just this story. Do you think, like I do, that these people are disgusting? That they deserve to lose business and respect? If you disagree, why?
@earnnings (1297)
yeah its so sad that people still face problem with racialism. There should be days for both blacks and whites living together. If adults are enforced to show their annoying behavior then there will be a threatening characters which enter into the little minds of our kids which ultimately turn into differences. Still curbs are on the heads of blacks and i don't think that it should happen in this modern world with all the helpful technology available. We need to take strong steps to override racialism. I am embarrassed by the Aussies attacking Indians. Not only this situation is highlighted but you see many blacks are being tortured by whites in many countries. They make them their slaves which is very bad signature of the nature.
Ironically, acknowledging "blackness" and "whiteness" just furthers the segregation... In order to TRULY be free of prejudices we have to forget black and white altogether and just see "human", because it is what we all are, really.
@sid556 (30989)
That is ridiculous. Yes...bring these bigoted fools out and let others know what they are all about. The number of people who actually carry this mentality is shrinking, thankfully but as you mentioned, it is the kids that mind's they poison that keeps it going.
I grew up with many of the type of kids your speaking of. They picked on us "poor" kids (those without name brands or wore hand me downs) and today I see them and laugh. Some have gone to jail, many still mooch off of Mom and Dad and the others are so miserable in their lives. Though part of me would love to rub my happy home, adorable kids (he he I know I'm bias) and a good marriage in their faces I do not, because of them I know better then to do that to others. Not saying I don't show off what I have from time to time in front of them though....lol We are Americans though and everyone has freedom of speech, the best we can do is teach our kids to pity the people who do not forgive, are bias, or just plain snobby. The best thing that can be done is to make our babies strong, open minded people who will lead by example as they grow up.
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
My flabber was gasted when I read this article. If I was there then I would head the picket line. I don't think anything will come of it as it is a private club though. Change the complexion - what a piece of arrogance? You always manage to come up with something different every time you post. em]thumbup[/em]
@olydove (1209)
What shocks me more than anything is this that I read in the article "When the minority children got in the pool all of the Caucasian children immediately exited the pool," Horace Gibson, parent of a day camp child, wrote in an email. "The pool attendants came and told the black children that they did not allow minorities in the club and needed the children to leave immediately." http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Pool-Boots-Kids-Who-Might-Change-the-Complexion.html What in the sam heck are these people thinking? This is not 1940 for crying out loud!!!!! The fact that the children got out of the pool like that is absolutely sickening to me. They acted like the minority children have some sort of disease and unfortunately for the Caucasian children that is what they have been taught. It's very sad indeed, but on another note believe it or not there is a great deal of racism against Caucasians as well. In fact in my opinion there is more racism against "whites" today than against any other race. I wish there was a way to put an end to ALL RACISM, but unfortunately we can not. No matter what we do there will always and forever be people with different thoughts, opinions, and ways of teaching their children. All we can do ourselves is teach our children that we are all human beings, and deserve equal treatment, no matter what color our skin. I have to wonder though, if it was a pool full of minorities, and the "campers" entering were Caucasian and had received the same exact treatment ( the minority children immediately exit the pool and the club staff banned the Caucasian campers), would there be a big deal made out of it? Unfortunately, I doubt it.
@Opal26 (17686)
Hey jerz! I think that these people should be punished in any way that is possible to show them that this is not how we live in this day and age! There is no room for racism now! We have a President who is half Black and half White! How would he feel if he knew what this club had done? I hope that people picket and do whatever they can to make these people feel like they are the lowest of the low! I wish I lived there so I could join in!
@cripfemme (7713)
I don't know what gets into people. You know you're going to be busted for being publicly racist and you're not going to look good. I'm from PA originally and respect Arlen Spector a lot. I'm glad that he's investigating this. Last I checked, a person's "complexion" did not come off in the water. Mine doesn't. Maybe I'm just using the wrong soap.
@jerzgirl (8168)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Now the club is saying there was no racial bias involved even though when the black kids jumped in, the white kids jumped out. They're saying there were too many people and that their club membership (although primarily white) is diverse ethnically. This despite the fact that it was the club president who stated that they were afraid it would change the complexion of the club. Picketers have kept them from opening ever since. GOOD!!!
@irishidid (8716)
Let's turn this around. I can't stand those who raise their kids not to speak to where they can be understood. The ones who let them outside from the time they are toddling in droopy diapers without no more supervision than an older sibling in large sized diapers. The ones who grow up and wear pants that they actually belt around their knees because they think they look cool. Give me the rich snobby kids any day. Them, I understand.
@jerzgirl (8168)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
Therein lies the problem. The people who raise the kids. And, if the kids are never exposed to other experiences outside their own, how will they know there's another way to be? Instead, they will continue to repeat the same patterns over and over and over. So, respectfully, I stand by my original outrage.
The only time one should keep kids out of a private club's pool is if the pool belongs to an adult club. I can see kids driving adults up a wall with their squealing, splashing, their kidness... * No other reason. Bip.
@jb78000 (15163)
i've met a good number of this kind and fairly often just want to kick the shite out of them. i'm educated but all my family are working class and i've seen how patronising toffs can be, even though they're never as clever as i am. sometimes i get furious about it