customer service

@jules67 (2790)
Good customer service means giving customer satisfaction. Every time we enter supermarkets, our bags are checked and so our pockets. We buy things that we need. We line up, waiting our turns to pay for the things we buy. As we leave the counter, guards would still check the items that we bought and the receipts. Honestly, it is infuriating. I sometimes find it time consuming that they have to check every grocery bag we have. One time, I let my niece drink the orange juice that we bought after we had already paid for the items. When the guard saw us, he asked me if I already paid for it. I stared at him and told him, "don't you think I would let her drink that if I haven't paid for it?" It made me feel like I had shoplifted something from the store. I do not see it as good customer service. I have known some wholesale and retail stores doing that. I have even heard complaints over the radio of such incidents. The more they impose something like that, the less customers would patronize them. It is totally not giving customer satisfaction.
@yugasini (12838)
• Anantapur, India
hk jules, regarding customer care for consumer goods,it is not customer care it is customer dissatisfaction at our place
@jules67 (2790)
Thanks for your response. well I guess it is the same in our place. You can call it dissatisfaction.
@yugasini (12838)
• Anantapur, India
hi jules, thanks for the comment/response have a nice day
Many stores don't have great customer service, they just treat customers rudely and not helping them at all. That is one big disadvantages compare to other stores. They might re - consider how to better serve customers better in this matter.
• Malawi
Customer care is quite diverse. Some of these reactions from service providers come from our own actions. We have on so many occasions shoplifted and bought things through back room service. What else can they do to make profits? To tighten their system.
That is another side of opinion, and I would agree with you too. If there are shoplifters in the shop, they have to tighten the system on monitoring the customers. They definitely need to make profits too.
@jules67 (2790)
Yeah you have a point. But I am talking of this case. I paid for the item. Treatment should be given accordingly.
@diamania (7028)
• Netherlands
A new device known as a camera exists for such things. There should be no need to check bags unless there is a reasonable suspicion of an irregularity. I work in a shop and if I'd oblige my costumers to open their bags we would... A... Lose valuable time B... Need more personnel. C... Get sued... So I'd like to say to the owners, buy cameras. If they aren't satisfied with that then they should close their shops... it's as easy as that.
@jules67 (2790)
Thanks for your response. The shop does not have camera. That is why they resort to searching bags as soon as the customer leaves the store which I find annoying. By the way, I like you picture profile.
Camera is a good solution to that. So, let me ask, do you think Walmart has their own camera to monitor every corner of the store? One of my friend was accused of shoplifting, when the she asked walmart to show them the video as evidence to prove whether they shoplift or not, they said they didn't record any of it. What is that mean?
@clorissa123 (4930)
Sometimes, I found it hard to accept too, if a guard asked me impolitely, or makes me feel like that I shoplift from the store. I would definitely not happy to go back to the store and visit again. That is my personal opinion, and I hope that they will improve their attitude someday.
@jules67 (2790)
There is a better way of approaching customers. Not because they are working in the store, they can do things that are not appropriate. Remember , the store's earnings depend of the customers.