Can somebody take back a promise? How is a person who don t keep his promises?

@icesmile (7160)
Romania
Is it a bad thing in a relationship when you have to ask your partner what are their promises to you? Let s say that a man or a woman ask you to marry with him, and after he just go, no words. What you will do? Try to ask him why or just never don t talk with him again because he offence you, when he don t keep his promises?
@YoungInLove (1254)
I dont accept promises in reltionships, unless I were to get married onl because if your not engaged, and a guy promises somthing to happen in the future, then forsome reason you break up, you look back on all the things that were said that never happened and you get mad
@icesmile (7160)
Hi, you don t accept, but if you make plans and after you say that was just empty words?
@cwong77 (2011)
icesmile, I think most of us break our promises very often, is just how severe is the promise broken into. Given your situation, I will not want to talk to him anymore, and just wanted to get out of the relationship soonest possible. If a person can break a marriage promises even before the marriage take place, it will not be a sincere man for life. Even if he do come back and promise me the sky again, I am doubtful and in a doubtful relationship, it will not work. A couple should have planted trust, and not being taken a ride for the trust entrusted. I wouldn't bother to ask him why even I am dreadfully like to know.. I will just brush it aside..
• United Arab Emirates
Its wrong to give false hopes to others. I think he needed to be clear in the first palce and not make any promises. Whats the point of saying that you will do something when you are atlast not able to keep your word?