Problem with my new mobile phone!!

hey i bought a mobile phone earlier today. it came all boxed up with t-mobile on the back and a t-mobile sim card. I put the sim card in the phone turned it on and it came up with a message saying sim registratin failed. As a result i have no signal so cant text or call anyone. But i can do everything else on the phone. Any ideas how to get the sim card registration to be accepted? im goin to town in a few days and am going to take it to a t-mobile shop to sort it out.
@katsalot1 (1619)
You could try phoning T-mobile from a landline and asking them about it. It could be that the sim card is older than six months or something like that. I went off T-mobile because I moved house and didn't have a signal anymore, then I couldn't get my credit back - ho-hum.
oh ok then well the sim is new it came with the phone i did email them about it.
I think you should contact the T-Mobile customer service number. I've never heard of anyone with your situation before... maybe it's because you got a messed up SIM card, maybe not. Either way I think you should get a new sim card if all fails. Best of luck.
ok then well iv tried it with a dif sim and same thing happens, so you think just go to the shop and talk to them?
@rosekiss (30308)
• Eugene, Oregon
I used to have t-mobile, and the sim card only goes in one way, and if you put it in wrong you could get that message. I would check with t-moble though as to what it going on, as I am not with them anymore and I am not positive what is going on. It does sound like it might be in wrong, though. I am with VeriZon, and they don't use sim cards, which is wierd I know, but I like Verizon. I hope that you can get it all figured out so you can use your phone. Take care, and happy mylotting.
the weird think is though tht normally if you put a sim card in the wrong way then the phone wont let u do anything. but i can look at contacts add them and everything i jst have no signal.
@Theresaaiza (10539)
Some sim cards will require u to call a certain number to activate it. Like in my case with a new sim that I bought, it will ask you to dial 801 to activate it. However I am not sure if we live in the same country and follow the same procedures when it comes to sims and cellphone stuffs but perhaps the first thing u can do is visit a shop perhaps u have availed of a defective card. Have u read the manual though? I assume you have since it's the first thing we usually raid when we get into trouble.
@Sir_bobby88 (8242)
Try changing the sim card yea , then it might work yea .
@skysuccess (8880)
chillpill90, Your problem here seems to be the SIM card registration not going through and you will need to sort this out with your mobile service provider. Usually, if the registration is successful, you will be able to have full functionality after 24 hours. If they claimed otherwise, then 2 possible reasons, with the first being a faulty SIM card. This is just one of those unforseen circumstances where the SIM card's chip is faulty rendering illegible with your phone. The second will be that the cellphone is faulty, that it just cannot pick up the provider's network, which is quite rare. In both cases here, I would advise you not to worry too much as your phone and SIM card should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty and network provider respectively. In all, it would really need you to bring down all the things to T-mobile and have the service agent run a check on the spot. Hope this will alleviate your worries for now.