Tamiflu Putting People To Greater Risk Of Stroke

Singapore
What's next? Just when we thought that Tamiflu could be actually putting certain people to a greater risk of stroke. It is reported that GPs are now being made aware of this medication reacting with patients who are prescribed with wafarin medication. Wafarin is a blood thinning agent for people who are recovering from Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), high blood pressure and other irregular coagulation patients. It is known to react with various vegetables, fruits and even diets. But to react with Tamiflu, is really a shocking discovery and I hope that all of us could be wary here. Take care. Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207513/Tamiflu-puts-600-000-greater-risk-stroke.html
@benny128 (3621)
I really dont understand why people want anti-virals for swineflu as for the healthy person swineflu will knock you out for a week or so then you'll be fine. As with any medication there can be side effects so personally unless I really need medication I wont take any. Even the common paracetamol can cause liver and kidney problems and ulsers etc etc
benny128, Well, unlike the common flu, this strain could not be left untreated and proper administration of the appropriate medication. Yet, you can see the irony here, where Tamiflu is being introduced and yet could be later found to be fatal for some wafarin medicated patients. And the appalling discovery was not even reported initially when it was broadly recommended. So, it just makes me wonder just where is the lax in this area?
@benny128 (3621)
well I have to dis-agree with you there even swine flu you will recover from with no medication, they are not even testing now for swine flu in uk so when someone becomes ill you dont know if its swine flu or not. I know a few people who have had swine flu a couple of my friends and they just stayed in bed for a week and recovered with simply paracetamol and over the counter cold remedies. Once you have caught it you will then be protected by your own anti-bodies. Even my local GP advises to rest and take the over the counter remedies night nurse etc etc and that a healthy person will fight the swine flu off with no medical intervention. I personally hope I catch swine flu now in the summer months so I am protected by my immune system for when the flu comes back in the autumn winter.
@david2005 (800)
I don't see a point in taking a vaccine for the swine flu to tell you the truth the vaccine will probably hurt you more than what the virus it's self will do.
david2005, Whatever you may want to perceive here but I suggest the precaution of vigilance and common sense. I do not see the situation changing any better and if you had been updated you will find that we are already entering the 2nd stage of it. What others may do or done may not necessary be suitable for us as we all have our own individual state of health and threshold. I sincerely hope that you will not be inflicted by this pandemic. Take care and have a nice day.