Any idea of eliminating dark shadows under eyes?

@dpauli (407)
Indonesia
I got a pretty bad insomnia lately, and realize that dark shadows start linger underneath my eyes. I'm pretty upset of it. This makes me look older. I am not used to apply any specific face treatment. Is there any 'traditional' way to eliminate the shadow? Well, please don't say I should not stay awake till midnight as this is another problem I must conquer. Thanks for sharing, hope it may help me out.
@elenyae (390)
Well...I'm not sure whether this is the best long-term solution. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it isn't. But I've found after big nights out when I need to look presentable (and not totally trashed), slapping a whole heap of concealer under your eyes does for a quick fix.
@dpauli (407)
Thanks for response. Yeah concealer will do, but still it's a make up. I'm still looking for another way to reduce and eliminate it permanently. ^_^
@thaMARKER (2559)
I agree I agree.. concealer will do. i have problems with under eye dark circles for like forever and concealer is one thing i guess i cant live without it hehehe.. concealer and foundation can help for as long as you're out having fun or working.