My 10 year old dont want to stay in school.

@jugsjugs (13038)
Today my son has been excluded from school and is not allowed to return until Friday morning.He has been calling the teachers names refusing to go to class refusing to do any learning etc.He told me tonight that when he go back to school he will do the same again until they kick him out.Anyone else have this problem with their children?
@lilaclady (28236)
oh goodness you have a problem there, for a ten year old he certainly has a strong mind..I think maybe you need professional help here, I think he has to get over this attitude or he is going to head in the wrong direction...gees I hated school but I would have been too scared to be like that...
my 11 year old son is the same way he was suspended on the 3rd day of school but my son has mental problems he has adhd,odd,bipolar,depression,and a couple others , its a struggle but if he is saying there i am thinking there is a reason he don't like school i would talk to your dr about it and see what they sujest because there might be something going on that hes not telling you because i am sure you want him to have a good schooling you can try to talk to him yourself but he may not tell you , but please do not give up on him . i have seen so many parents do that and i feel so bad for the child.
@lilybug (21145)
Has he been acting like this for a long time or is this something that has recently begun? If it is something that has just recently started happening I would try to figure out what happened that made him switch his attitude so drastically. I have had my son say he did not want to go to school before, but I have never had him TRY to get kicked out of school to avoid going.
@zhuhuifen46 (3485)
I am sorry for you, but do not give up. Try to give your motherly love to your child, as at this moment, he needs your care more than ever. A carming words may make wonders as compared with blames. Give an open heart to listen to him, and guide him in the correct attitude. Create a pleasant and learning atmosphere at home. Less tv watching, and more talking with him by family members, so that he feel warm and will be warm to others. God blesses.
@coolcat123 (4391)
your child is an unmannered kid and the reason should have been you since you have not moulded him into a better human.But now, may be there should be some serious steps taken like talk with the teachers about your problem and ask them to help you in this case. Tell them to be strict and beat the child if he repeats the bad things again and again. now, the only person to take you out of the problem is the teacher who knows how to bring a child in control. you have to make your heart a bit tough.
@leahsmom (338)
Do you whoop your son? I didn't believe in it at first but then my son got out of control and I had to show him who was boss. I grew up with them and hated them but they kept me in control.
I personally have never had this problem (mainly due to the fact that i dont have any kids) but when i was his age i held a lot of anger towards school and i wasnt exactly the ideal child. My reccomendations is that you put the foot down on him. You have to show him that without school he can't get a good job or get any money. mention the fact that he would be poor the rest of his life thats what got me jumpstarted on the right track. Also ground him, my parents never did and i almost got expelled. i hope i've helped
@ladyhope (377)
Hi jugsjugs, your son's behaviour may mean a variety of different things, depending also on how old he is. He may be bored if he finds the work easy, he may be bullied, or he may have a learning disability. Children in all three of these situations tend to hate school or even fear going to school. Try to talk with your son to see what he says, and if that doesn't work, try to find support from the school staff or a private therapist. Of course, this may be a fad, but better you check it out and find out that nothing is wrong.