If there is such thing as "Too Much Fun", this might be it!

@ParaTed2k (22980)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
When one of my guitar students showed up for his lesson. My son and daughter were playing Guitar Hero II with the sound full blast... I was playing along on my bass. If that ain't too much fun, it just doesn't exist! :~D
@bonbon664 (3470)
Oh Ted, I'm so glad to hear that you have fun. I thought you kind of an overly serious dude. Sounds like fun. I tried the whole guitar hero thing, and I really lack the coordination necessary. I was taking guitar lessons, and it was so hard, and it was a struggle, I really envy people who have natural musical ability.
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Unfortunately, in places like MyLot we only get to see small parts of who each other are. I mostly come here to vent my frustrations with politicians and the way things go sometimes, so I can see why you might think me overly serious. I guess I'll have to look into more articles like this. :~D
@kykidd (6818)
Now, I find that pretty interesting. You have mixed the real music in with the game. I really haven't seen the game Guitar Hero, but it is my understanding that it doesn't have anything to do with knowing how to play a guitar in order to get a high score. However, you have combined the two, a real guitar player (and teacher) playing along with the game that your children know how to play, in order for everyone to have fun. Now that does sound excellent. I wonder what your student thought of the sounds that he was hearing upon arrival for the guitar lesson. Did they think there was a huge jam session going on inside the house? LOL
@ParaTed2k (22980)
• Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Yup, I went and bought a Guitar Hero music book just so I could learn the songs for this purpose. It's great family time! My student said he could hear the music half a block away. He didn't think it was coming from our house until he got closer. He rang the doorbell a couple of times, but of course, we didn't hear it. I was keeping an eye out for him though so... Yeah, combining the game play with real guitar is a great way to do it.
@dust1234 (117)
That does sound like a lot of fun.