Did anyone go through lasik surgery?

Recently,a friend of mine went through lasik eye surgery. Now, he is without the aid of eye glasses, and contact lens. He is perfect capable of watching tv or seeing far with any spectacles. That is amazing isn't it? I also heard some of side effect from the surgery. Some might not be able to adjust the eye sights if the side effect continue. I don't know if I should try it or not. Plus, it is a bit expensive for that surgery, isn't it?
i never heard about lasik surgery and why they called it lasik? im a far farsightedness and its my problem specially if going out. i cant hardly read those information far from me.
@Archie0 (4666)
I had Lasik surgery a little over a year ago. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself. The only side effect I have now is that I am real sensitve to sunlight. I always wear good sunglasses when outside. Within a few hours I could see ok but by the next day, I was seeing everything perfectly. It was amazing to see everything so clearly without the aid of contacts or glasses.
@dodyast3 (1518)
Can you explain what do you mean with sensitive to sunlight? what happen if you are walking outside under the sun without your sunglasses?
@dodyast3 (1518)
I want to take this surgery too. I don't mind to pay the expenses, but I am worried on the side effect or any failure that might happen during the surgery. That's why I keep using my glasses, at least, I still can see Did the doctor explain him what kind of side effects or any problems that might happen during or/and after surgery?
I didn't ask him about that, I hope nothing is serious. You might see the blurry sights out of ordinary, or sometimes, you might not see clear. So, you must be consult the doctor. But my friend's surgery such as success.
@Trace86 (5033)
I had Lasik about 10 years ago. It was the best thing I ever did for myself! I had been told I couldn't wear my contact lenses anymore due to corneal ulcers. I didn't want to wear my glasses forever. It wasn't that expensive, about 1000 bucks. Well worth every penny. The only problem I am experiencing is occasional dry eyes.
I have considered this over and over again. My sight is bad and with age, is definitely deteriorating. I am mostly worried about the side effects and that after surgery, you cannot see immediately. I couldn't imagine not seeing (even for a few hours only), it will drive me mad. I do know of a friend who has done it and she seems to be fine and very happy with the procedure. I have not seen her though for 6 years now as she moved to another country. I don't know if she suffered if at all of long term effects.