How do I include my online earning on my tax return?

United States
October 1, 2009 2:54pm CST
I earned money on different sites. Do I have to include the name of every site or can I just add all the money up and files it under online earnings? I suppose you just print out your paypal sheet. Anyone know?
1 person likes this
2 responses
@surfette (674)
• United States
2 Oct 09
You can earn up to $600 per site before you have to pay income tax on the earnings. If you reach that level, the site will send you a tax form showing the amount you have made. A lot of them ask for a business id or social security number so the proper form can be sent to the government. If you only earn a few dollars here and there, I wouldn't really worry about it, but you can call the IRS with any questions or your tax person.
@surfette (674)
• United States
3 Oct 09
Thank you for the best response award!
@CEVCEV (544)
1 Oct 09
I ould suggest you phone up the revenue and customs and ask for their advice as it's best to get your return right first time..