I am so proud of you all!

Regina, Saskatchewan
Today I started a small discussion which has remained up, and at this writing has 40 responses. For a 'condolence' discussion that's quite a record for the first eight hours. So to all who have responded and will respond, my sincere thanks to you. I am so proud of you all. I am so heartened to see so many of you keep completely to the spirit of the discussion and remain sincere and respectful. It could so easily have gone the other way as we all know........ To those of you who don't yet feel the true warmth and magic of the lot, you should be feeling it and seeing it now. This site, unlike any other on the net with such a large membership, is one of a kind, and it's users like you and me that make it that way. We have a unique community here and once again we have proven that it doesn't matter who we are, or where we come from, or what our personal stories are. In times of real crises, we come together in peace and we do ourselves proud. Let's remember that, and when the next occasion arises that gets under our skin, stop, read again, and keep in mind that the spirit of the lot, that we have built up over time, is really one of caring and support, as we have shown today. And now, back to our regular programming...........bet you're ready for that huh? LOL
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
HEAR, HEAR, very well expressed Sparks & so true. Mylot is a great place to be. I'm thankful for it everyday & all the wonderful friends i have met like u & hope to meet alot more new friends.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh Jo, you have more friends here than you think. And if anyone disagrees with that, I'll slap some sense into them! LOL Hugs sweets.
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
Thanks Sparks, i will remember your offer,.
well I just tried to leave my condolences on the other discussion but it is now gone actually I am surprised this one is still here since its about a now deleted discussion
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Thanks for the effort wont....... Maddening though don't you think? Some people just don't get it do they?!
sparky when I wrote my response I was crying and could hardly' see to type. I had grown very fond of our Lamb and felt so sad when he was getting so depressed over her condition. and now God has seen fit to take her home. he is going to feel so bereft even as he knows she will not be in pain anymore.I just wish we cou ld all be there and give him a hug. I know when I lost my hubby and went back to work shortly after, the best thing that anyof my coworkers did for me was this one Frances she put her arms around me and just held me in a big fat bear hug. That helped me make it through that day. I am proud of all myfellow mylotters for coming forth along with me. thank us all.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Hugs are the coolest thing every invented I think. They nurture us, they comfort us, they reassure us and they enfold us in warmth and loving understanding. I can't imagine a day without hugs.............
On my Mylot home page, I see this: "The Lamb Lies Down in grief.......... in family by sparkofinsanity was the highest rated discussion on Friday, October 2." I didn't get a chance to respond to it, being that i just didn't know what to say. I'll say this much. It looks like myLot's hurting for money, so people who posted won't get paid. It seems that they saved some money there.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Really? Hells bells eh? I sent them an email about letting us have a special category for this kind of thing. Doubt they'll listen, but I'll keep trying. Did the same thing when they nixed Bella's memorial discussion. But you've just explained also, why I'm still yellow. Can't raise my rating if they keep knocking off my highest rated discussions can they? And apparently the lower your rating, they less they pay you I'm told...............
I have heard the same thing, too about the correlation between our ratings & pay. It prompted our favorite lamb to start a discussion complaining about it. MyLot deleted it, but they did actually send him a message. After that, they seemed to have set things up so we can only rate a few per hour or something like that.
@Lakota12 (42681)
Well as you see we do our best to support every one and every thing!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
And we all do it so well when the occasion warrents it too! Hugs Lakota.........
@Lakota12 (42681)
yes we do and huggsssssssssss back
@MaryLynn321 (2680)
Everything you have said here is so very true. It is so nice when everyone follows the discussion and has respect for those that have written and replied to the discussion. Hugs
• Regina, Saskatchewan
And at times that can be a rare occurance here! LOL Every once it awhile it's nice, don't you think, to get 'patted on the back' for your efforts? I do.
That is so very true. We all need a pat on the back now and then. Hugs
@gabs8513 (48712)
Well I am glad that once again everyone came together on this as in those times love and warmths is needed no matter who it is Hugs to you
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Exactly right Gabs. In times like this it doesn't matter about our differences, it only matters that one of us is in pain............and that's when the magic of the lot works it's magic!
@jheLaichie (4439)
we are one family here my dear friend! and being in this community its not all about money making anymore. but having each other no matter where we are now what is more important to us is the friendship that has been building over time. though we do not know each other that well but we do respected and gives our sympathy, thanks, love, care and understanding to the people in out lot, our community! our mylot community... love you all jhelai
• Regina, Saskatchewan
You got it! We come for the money and stay for the friendships. Many of them spill over into our offline lives and the world opens to us. Can't ask for more than that can we? Higgles to you jheLaichie!
@biman_s (1060)
Congratulations on having such a tremendous success. I remember only a couple of times when I posted and received so many responses. Its a real morale booster to see so many people eager to respond and comment on your discussion. Keep it up and good luck for the future.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well thanks for the compliment, but actually THIS discussion is a pat on the back to the mylotters who responded so well to another discussion written on behalf of a user who lost his mother yesterday. I wasn't bragging about the responses I got for ME, but rather thanking everyone for their condolances and respect for another lotter.
@jellymonty (2354)
I am also proud to be part of this community. It's encouraging to know that people all over the world can come together in one accord and just be there for one another. I wish it was like this in the real world
• Regina, Saskatchewan
We can make it that way in the real world Jelly if we keep trying through communities like this one. I've seen changes already...............
@irene3184 (900)
Really? I am recently registered in this site and I really had fun posting and responding to some discussions because there are lots here is very active to respond and answer to the posted discussion I appreciate it most because I also gain more friends online here.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Wonderful friendships can be formed here Irene. And some of those friendships will spill over into your offline life. That's the magic of the lot.........it's always a warm and loving place to come to for many reasons, and most of us come and stay for the friendships more than the money. Too cool! So welcome to the lot and may you find the magic and form some friendships that will be with you your whole life!
Hi sparky, Thank you for putting the discussion up, it goes to show what a big family we are here and care for one another and to support one another in time for trouble stress and sorrow, we band togerther to give a helping hand, we may not be able to be there but we are here in mylot with an internet shoulder to cry on, we care, thanks sparks. Love and hugs. Tamara xxxx
• Regina, Saskatchewan
We are the world, aren't we Tamara? How cool is that eh? And do you realize you are number one in MY category? Too funny, but be proud of yourself. I am!
@skyhss (1142)
i went looking for the other discussion but am not sure what I'm looking for. it's still really early, yeah, that's it, really early. anyway, mylot is a magical place isn't it? i haven't been here much lately but i still feel the warmth & love when i drop in.
it has now been deleted it was just letting everyone know that a certain person has had an unfortunate occurance and will not be here for a while
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Why am I not surprised it's gone, and frankly I rather suspected it might be before I got up this morning which is why I posted this one. And sky........you had responded to the one referenced in this one. Guess no one is allowed by the powers that be here to express their finer emotions here eh? Too bad the magic of the lot doesn't extend to the administration!
@skyhss (1142)
oh, that one...ok, i'm unconfused.
@dawnald (84152)
• Shingle Springs, California
Brownie?
oh I would love one
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh, yes please. I've missed my mylot brownies! Fresh coffee to go with them anyone? Pot's a boilin'..............
@dawnald (84152)
• Shingle Springs, California
Coffee sounds lovely... :-) Just read your e-mail, can't believe that discussion got deleted. Geez...
@zandi458 (27952)
Thank you for being an informer otherwise we would be wondering why lamb has been MIA. This is the beauty of mylotters, when one is down it send a chain reaction to all others here to feel the grief of a member in problem. I hope lamb has come to terms with the passing of his beloved mother.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
We all hope for that zandi. But the magic of the lot is here for him regardless....
@kprofgames (3101)
Hm, I've been out for a while. I agree that masses of people come together here to offer support in times of need. I think people forget how very special something so simple as an I'm sorry, I feel for you or sending hugs in print can mean.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Amazing how powerful the written word can be and the emotional response they can elicit..................Hugs to you sweets and good to see you!
@blackbriar (9080)
Hey sparks...I read in the mylot digest about the Lamb's mom passing and went to respond to it to find out it was deleted which sucks. Please let him know I sent up a prayer for her and him as well and that I'm thinking of him. Amen!
@Louc74 (620)
Awwww, I can't believe they deleted it! I haven't read all of the posts on here, but I'm going to have more of a look to see if anyone has a clue as to why. Hopefully they'll respond to your request though. Pretty mean of them not to, really. I've only been a member for a short while as well, and I've found it to be mainly a friendly place, and it's great for venting! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to express our condolences, Spark. It was appreciated, and I'm sure The Lamb appreciated your effort as well. Bless!