Boredom Attack

Australia
So, what's something that you have done often to ease your boredom. Some kind of hobby of yours? daydreaming? setting things on fire? I do some origami to occupy myself. I find it a challenge doing new models or figuring out what the diagrams or instructions are trying to say. Although, it's rather frustrating at time when I get stuck on a step for whatever reason. I also like reading books. I like being sucked into the world that the author has created and I like it when there is good characterisation and making me hope the best for that character.
@magickat (382)
I read a lot and it's a great way to relieve boredom - especially on the train to and from work. Sometimes I will cook or bake something, it's fun to try out new recipes. if I'm really bored and need to pass a lot of time I go to sleep! I have really vivid dreams so it's sometimes really cool.
I have a lot of weird dreams but they are interesting. Recently, I've been having a lot of them.
You do origami? What sort of shapes do you get with all that paper? I have never tried it; but it sure sounds fascinating. Well, when I am bored, I go and cook something. I love cooking; it really relaxes me. I like reading and surfing the Internet too. :) Cheers and happy Mylotting
My favourite kind of origami is modular origami. It's basically making a lot of units and then joining them together to make something bigger.
@Jaxsky (196)
Haha Well firstly I'd love to say that I set things on fire when I'm bored but I can't:( Ummmm well I guess a lot of people come on here or Facebook when they are bored! I like to read if I'm passing time, for example I had a 4 hr train ride from one coast in Sweden to the other so I read then! I guess it all depends on your mood, I do some job hunting then move onto something more fun like potential business ideas. Origami sounds quite relaxing though!
It can be quite relaxing but I find that a lot of the time there I get rather frustrated when I don't get a step. When I'm doing something I know then it is relaxing and therapeutic to some extent. Time passes really quick for me when I read. Partly because I read slow as well and it takes me much longer to finish a good book.
@manong05 (5029)
Like you, I do some of my favorite hobbies. I assemble some electronic projects or do some carpentry work in the house. It relieves me of my boredom and at the same time do something productive. Reading is also one good option, it transports us to a new world and interact with the author. have fun
That's nice, do you make furniture or anything like that? I did some very basic electronic work with transistors and a breadboard when I was at school. That was kinda confusing for me.
@irishidid (8716)
I write if I'm in the mood. Usually if I'm bored, so are my characters. LOL Sometimes I play a video game or just watch tv. Other times I can be found internet surfing. Do some crafting, bake, etc. Whatever gets me interested.
@lynnemg (4536)
It is rare that I get bored because I have a pretty full schewdule each day, but when I do get bored, I either read a book, watch television, or play a game with my family.
When time allows and I have boredom overtake me, I like to read or write. I also enjoy organizing my pictures here on the computer, making memory discs for family members, and turning the music loud and singing with my kids. Baking helps ease boredom in my life as well. There are days that my husband and kids will get home and the kitchen will be full of cookies, cakes, and breads that I have baked during the day. Then, during the times that nothing seems to help, I will convince myself that if I were cleaning I wouldn't be bored. Those times are teh ones my kids hate the most though, because I will go back and clean their rooms. And by clean, I don't mean throw stuff under the beds like teenagers often do, but actually clean.
@fezman (260)
oh my (or any body elses) god! i am way too busy to even think about beeing bored! if i ever even get a spare 10 mins, im then thinkin to myself, nap time, catch up dude and re-energise! and keep goin! so to your question.... i dont know! :)
@picjim (3003)
If i am bored i read a book or listen to music.I surf the net.I read periodicals.I follow games on T.v.I watch movies.I chat with friends.These are some activities i do to remove boredom from my life.
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Gloamglozer, There is no boring moments with me. i always keep myself busy with so many things. My productive hobby is crochet. So i do crochet while after work while at home after tutoring my kids of their homework. While crocheting i am doing the laundry and at the same time watching tv. Before going to sleep, i give myself an hour or two for mylot! See very occupied. i love it this way. Don;t worry i still time for myself to shower and do my beauty rituals before going to bed.